mtbr member
    Sep 2005

perp linkage issues

Anyone have an issue with the 180 slot being smaller than the 200, preventing the bushing from inserting? Also is it fairly easy to obtain linkage kits? haven't talked to a cdale shop yet, but probably will be swing by one this afternoon as well.

Thanks,

Billy

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    I have a 2007 perp, no issues with the 180 and 200 holes being sized differently.

Keith

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    hmmm, I have it an the lbs, they ordered a couple kits to replace the linkage. They are going to look at the travel adjust on the TT, but being used there isnt much we can do, and its fine leaving it at 200 anyways.

Thanks for the reply.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    I bought a '09 Perp 1 in like new condition last fall of 2010. I had a chance to take it to the local lift serviced trails once. Not only is this my first DH bike but its my first full suspension rig. The Perp came with all the original paperwork, I was intensely reading over the manuals and I noticed the shock was set up with the front of the shock in the bottom 180mm hole and the rear was in the front TT 200mm hole. I thought no big deal I'll move the rear mount in the TT to the rear 180 mm position, when I noticed in fact the hole for the 180mm position was to narrow for the pivot axle to fit through.

I did the same thing as you Dirt, set it up for 200mm. Not a big deal but it would be nice to have the 180 option...

Dirt did you get an explanation on why there is a difference in the diameter of the holes on the top tube?

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    We took it in to the lbs, and they ordered the replacement linkages and that corrected all the play. They said that the 180 slot was excess paint, and ran a bit of sandpaper through; although we havent tried it yet. I'll change it over tonight and let you know for sure. Seems odd though. I guess our bike wasnt unique afterall, and I'd bet that there are certainly others out there with similar issues.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    That must be some seriously thick paint, let me know how you make out.