I place on order today for a perp 2

What's worth upgrading ?
    My riding is a few DH races with my son

Fork ?
    Wheels ?
    Brakes ?

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    what's worth upgrading? depends on your budget and the goal of the upgrades. the specs are pretty decent, but you could always get it a little lighter, which is my goal bar none in terms of upgrades. keep in mind that the upgrades i put forth are somewhat expensive.

1) switch the brakes fra hayes hfx 9 to formula oro k24. the best brakes on the market i think, though somewhat expensive. you don't need the puro or dh oriented bianco which are too expensive i think, or aka not worth the extra cost.
    2) upgrade the fork, though to which depends on your preferences. a rock shock totem where you could change the travel length always comes in dandy, but do you need it? same for the similar forks from marzocchi. or you could opt for a marzocchi 888rcx or a 999r form mojo. the question is just what do you feel you need.
    3) upgrade the wheels to some custom built ones or a some deemax or something. get it lighter, usp compatible (can't remember if the 3xx are) and stronger.
    4) keep the gears. decent enough
    5) get a more tunable shock. perhaps a marz roco tst r if you need to be able to change how efficient it is.
    6) i'm no expert on dh cranks, so i'll leave those alone. hehe.

or you could keep it stock and see how you like it. i guess it could be somewhat redundant and too expensive to purchase a perp 2 just to try to make it a perp 1. if you're not a weight weenie i would just change the fork and brakes and try to ride it hard enough to justify swapping out the other bits and pieces. what it ultimately comes down to is having a good frame with decent components and having fun with it. and you def have a sweet frame. congrats on the purchase!

LA CHÈVRE
    Start stock and upgrade as you start having a better feel of it, as parts wear out or break. When people ask what to upgrade on a bike without a clue, it's a good sign that they should start without upgrading it. Like klinkekule said, it's a decent bike as is. Enjoy it, that's all.

DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

mtbr member
    Thanks for your reply
    This is my first DH bike and i am use to ride high end AM bike

What i mean on my post is if i have 200 or 300 $ to put on to the bike is there any avious upgrade or the bike is good stock?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by french man
    Thanks for your reply
    This is my first DH bike and i am use to ride high end AM bike

What i mean on my post is if i have 200 or 300 $ to put on to the bike is there any avious upgrade or the bike is good stock?
    As the guys before me said do couple of runs with the bike as is and then you decide what (and if) you want to change some parts on it.
    The most apparent change are the brakes, but ride and decide

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by french man
    I place on order today for a perp 2

What's worth upgrading ?
    My riding is a few DH races with my son

Fork ?
    Wheels ?
    Brakes ?
    go to the perp gallery there you can see the Hottest updates for dh orientated perp's

ride.