mtbr member
    May 2004

Paging Missle - Can you give a breakdown of your Prophet Build?

Hey there Missle,

Would you be willing to post the build-up of your Prophet. I think I recall you saying in one of your posts that yours weighted right around 27lbs. Just wondering what you have on the bike to get it down to that weight? I would like to see individual component breakdown with weights if you weighted each part individually, or if not just the components.

Thanks

Ed

mtbr member
    Jan 2005

27lbs may have been dreaming

Weight is a funny thing....the error between one persons scale and the next can make people happy or cry !!!

Anyway, I find it weighs more or less as much as my jekyll which was about 12.5kg or +-27.5 lbs. I may be a bit optimistic there with the Prophet, but anyhoo its no Gemini and climbs like a bomb and goes down like your favorite girlfriend.

My spec is standard prophet 2000 with the folowing changes:

race face carbon bar (not OS)
    oury grips
    80 mm cannondale riser stem
    gripshift x-7 chain ring shifter
    rapid fire xt rear shifter
    xt brake levers (I got rid of the dual shmual)
    203mm disc up front
    hutchinson spider 2.3 UST
    specialized body comp pro saddle
    raw finish (no paint that must save a few grams )
    frame XL
    R.I.P 26ers....

BRILLIANT!
    I tried looking for your post on mounting the 203mm rotor up front. What exactly was the deal with the "bracket" and would the rear require one too?

LA CHÈVRE
    The Prophet 2000 is definitly a bit heavier than I expected, but it doesn't feel heavy at all when you ride... when you switch the High Rollers for something else at least. I don't know how heavy mine is, only things not stock are the tires (Hutchinson Bulldog Tubeless Light 2.1 with some Stan's) and pedals (Crank Bros. Eggbeaters SL). I don't plan any other upgrade as the bike feels great as it is, unless something breaks, then I'll see if I can go lighter (Crossmax SL are tempting, but my wallet thinks otherwise).

DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

Unit 91
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtySanchez
    I tried looking for your post on mounting the 203mm rotor up front. What exactly was the deal with the "bracket" and would the rear require one too?
    I would like to know too. I think my bike would look awesome with 175mm or 203mm rotors up front.
    Bikes

LA CHÈVRE
    Quote Originally Posted by TheProphet
    I would like to know too. I think my bike would look awesome with 175mm or 203mm rotors up front.
    To go to a 203mm rotor, you just need the bigger rotor and the appropriate bracket between the caliper and the fork to position the caliper correctly. I don't know how much that goes for tough.

DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

Unit 91
    I know that much, would I just use the regular ataptor that goes on IS fork mounts or what?
    Bikes

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    Here is the mount in a closeup....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    R.I.P 26ers....

BRILLIANT!
    Thanks. I assume the bracket works for both LX and XT. Still, what about the rear? I know you only did the front, but is a bracket needed there too?

Unit 91
    Would that be the same for lets say Avid Juicy Sevens or Hope Mono's. My bike would look and perform better if the front rotor was a little bigger.
    Bikes