Results 1 to 18 of 18
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation: proxy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    236

    Ordered New Perp 1 Frame Set..........

    I was about to order a new Judge when the geometry of the new Perp caught my eye, and I ordered it instead........but darn I hate the wait (3 months...Argh). Its a tad lighter than a Judge with a shorter wheelbase...



    Thoughts? Anyone ride one?
    Last edited by proxy; 01-22-2007 at 07:50 PM.
    PrOxY

  2. #2
    LA CHÈVRE
    Reputation: Dan Gerous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    9,394
    Nice. I think nobody has one yet but I could be wrong. I sure would love to try one though....

    DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

  3. #3
    Ft Lewis Bound
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    47
    My friend here in Germany has the Perp 2 already. He loves it...you can PM him on here at legs 5000.

    Craig
    Those of us that kill for a living, love to ride and get away from all the BS.

  4. #4
    Unit 91
    Reputation: TheProphet's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,209
    Nice! You are ganna be stoked when it get built. I bought a Judge and the pictures dont do justice. Its beefy inperson, real beefy. I would assume the Perp is the same way. You will be happy, trust me.
    Bikes

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation: 8664's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,939
    can i built a boxxer in the perp2? or is this frame only for single crown forks?? is the perp2 made in usa by cannondale or is it a asia product??
    Last edited by 8664; 01-24-2007 at 09:35 AM.

    ride.

  6. #6
    LA CHÈVRE
    Reputation: Dan Gerous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    9,394
    Quote Originally Posted by 8664
    can i built a boxxer in the perp2? or is this frame only for single crown forks?? is the perp2 made in usa by cannondale or is it a asia product??
    I'm pretty sure it's made in the US like other alloy Cannondales but it doesn't seem to have the traditional Handmade in the US decals...
    Cannondale had some demo Perps with Fox 40 at the introduction of the bike so I guess it can handle a Boxxer...

    DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

  7. #7
    Unit 91
    Reputation: TheProphet's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,209
    Yea, its made in the USA. And I wouldnt see why you couldnt put a Boxxer on it. What happened to your V10 8664?
    Bikes

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation: 8664's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,939
    yes a v10. but the tracks in switzerland and for all day DHbiking i want change to the perp2 large. i transver 90% off my components espezial the boxxer wc :-))
    the v10 frame i sale in switzerland for $1600
    Last edited by 8664; 01-24-2007 at 10:32 AM.

    ride.

  9. #9
    Unit 91
    Reputation: TheProphet's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,209
    Welcome back 8664!
    Bikes

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation: 8664's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,939
    Quote Originally Posted by TheProphet
    Welcome back 8664!
    thanks,
    i hafe ride the cdale since beginning the 1996 superv...... prophet judge and now is the perp2 Large on the way.

    ride.

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation: 8664's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,939
    ok, i hafe download the manual from the prep, fork length inkl. (hadset and cup) axel to head tube 61mm the boxxer is 58.5mm. definitiv the perp adapt dualcrown forks!!

    ride.

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    372
    Hi 8664, are you sure about the large because i have tryed the perp medium and the cockpit is bigger than the judge. but i like smaller bikes! The perp whit the boxx wc its awesome!

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation: proxy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    236
    Quote Originally Posted by banano
    Hi 8664, are you sure about the large because i have tryed the perp medium and the cockpit is bigger than the judge. but i like smaller bikes! The perp whit the boxx wc its awesome!
    Im getting the Perp because its smaller than the Judge (according to the specs anyway). Specifically in wheelbase (and because its 1,200.00 less cost as a frameset than the Judge . And I think it weighs 5lbs less built up. From the stats anyway (comparing size (L) to size (L)), it appears to be only ".2" longer cockpit? Perhaps the head tube angle stretches you out a tad more?

    TT horizontal Judge 24.2 Perp 24.2
    TT actual Judge 22.1 Perp 22.3
    Head tube angle Judge 64 Perp 66
    Whellbase Judge 46.6 Perp 46.2

    Quote Originally Posted by 8664
    can i built a boxxer in the perp2? or is this frame only for single crown forks?? is the perp2 made in usa by cannondale or is it a asia product??
    While I dont know about your Boxxer, It appears my Fox 40 will work just fine

    PrOxY

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation: 8664's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,939
    i hafe tried a large perp today it is very short 56cm TTA. but ok. for me!

    ride.

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation: 8664's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,939
    woowww that perp is HOT! tumps up for your weapon!!

    ride.

  16. #16
    mtbr member
    Reputation: proxy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    236
    Quote Originally Posted by 8664
    i hafe tried a large perp today it is very short 56cm TTA. but ok. for me!

    Hehehe thats not mine, its a pick from the Cdale Whistler demo. When you say the one you tried was short, what do you mean? I'm 6'2" and Im ordering a Large (sight unseen) because it appears a tad smaller than a Judge.......please explain your test ride

    TT horizontal Judge 24.2 Perp 24.2
    TT actual Judge 22.1 Perp 22.3
    Head tube angle Judge 64 Perp 66
    Whellbase Judge 46.6 Perp 46.2
    PrOxY

  17. #17
    mtbr member
    Reputation: 8664's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,939
    i am 5.85" and the large perp is perfect bether than my judge Medium i think the Large is ok. for you but if you like a rooming toptube you cann go with the Xl perp on the USA Site
    Last edited by 8664; 01-26-2007 at 04:30 AM.

    ride.

  18. #18
    mtbr member
    Reputation: 8664's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,939
    now i go to my LBS and buy the perp2 frame in Large!!
    later i open a new trade "post your Perp"

    ride.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •