mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Optimo reflections

First, I had my first race on the new Optimo frame yesterday. I've had the rig for a couple of weeks, so I was already happy with just how smooth the ride was, but racing it was simply a pleasure. What a killer bike, so smooth.
    Which brings me to this. Another friend of mine just started racing an f2000 this year after racing most of last season on a carbon fiber Trek Fuel. He claims that he finds the ride on the cdale to be no less smooth than the Fuel. Kind of mirrors my experience since, though I came from another Al hardtail, I have been amazed at how forgiving the rear is on the Optimo frame. So, and maybe James from Cannondale can answer this, just how much play do those snakey seatstays provide? Is riding an Optimo comaparable to riding a short travel softail? Just curious.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Grant,

Glad you like the ride. I have done two of my four Vermont 50 miles on Optimo hardtails so I definitely am a beliver. I would say the bike does not generate any real amount of travel but does add compliance and a system to absorb vibrations through the seat stays. Couple that with a nice big fat set of tubeless and it begins to be a pretty comfortable ride.

James

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Optimo ride

I've got an '04 F2000, and it rides great as well. Mine is set up with tubeless and a Ti seatpost. I wouldn't say it rides as plush as a Fuel, but for the stiffness, efficiency, I would rather ride a c-dale hardtail anyday. I am extremely pleased with the comfort.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004

Optimo

I ride the F1000SL '03 SOBE size S for about a year.
    Before that, I have been a road biker. This MTB feels very good. At 1st, I was quite surprised that it is quite stiff like a road bike but after while, my ass hurts.
    A friend of mine told me about Ti skewers and it works wonders!
    I am very happy with my bike but want to bring down the weight, what can I do?