mtbr member
    Mar 2007

OldSkool Cannondale 600m (1994?)

Anybody out there have any info on these bikes. Frame weight, quality MSRP, quality of fork, etc. also have some component questions below. I read the review but was hoping for more.

It was a Craigslist $100 find. The bike is in great shape, was garaged for about 10 years according to the owner. I am turning it into a Singlespeed when the budget allows, mostly with used stuff.

Also any advice on bacic component changes for SS would be nice. I am doing this on a serious tight budget so It wont be getting the XTR treatment. I am planning on using a Performance Forte SS conversion kit.

Main component question marks-
    should I keep the Canti brakes?
    Should I keep the bar ends? Should I chop them off at the bend?
    would I be better off with wider bars?
    What old crank should I look for at the Recylcled bike shop? (The STX uses odd size chainrings.)

1994? Cannondale 600m with Pepperoni fork
    full Shimano STX -Including Canti brakes and levers, crank, shifters, duraillers, cassette and hubs.
    CODA bars (23") with Avenir bar-ends
    Vetta Lite gel Seat.
    old ritchy tires (will be replaced asap)
    Ritchey Vantange sport rims w/ DT spokes
    Attached Images Attached Images

wannabe corporate shill
    Jan 2006
    check out http://www.vintagecannondale.com/ for more info on the bike. Once you look at the serial number, you'll know what year the frame/fork are.

I had a 92' frame and pepperoni fork with 91' components. Loved the fork at it was lighter and stiffer than the original.

As far as the brakes- It would depend on how readily available parts are as I'm unsure. The bars/barends= personal decision based upon your size and preference.

For $100, great deal IMO.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Thanks,
    great resource.
    This bike is really a time capsule.
    should make a sub-20 pound SSer.