mtbr member
    Jan 2008

Are old school rigid P-bone forks this scarce?

Greetings all!!! First time posting, been riding/building bikes since the late 60's.

I recently bought a Killer V900 from a thrift and it has a crappy Manitou Answer on it. I contacted Cannondale, who by the way were very cool, with the serial number so I could date it and find out what fork was stock on it. I was lucky enough to have the non-suspended 1996 killer V900(they apparently had a HT version and the rigid one in 1996). I say 'lucky' because I'm a diehard old school rider and I don't do more than light trails anyways.

I'm frustrated because I've been trying to locate a tangerine color rigid P-bone for a while with no luck.

Should I just opt for a Kona p2 or keep it stock and wait for the correct fork? It's not my current ride so it can stay in the shed a bit longer.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Keep an eye on eBay... usually you can find anything you are looking for if you are patient.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    I'll continue to watch craigslist and ebay. Thanks.

discombobulated SuperModerator
    Jun 2005
    just set up a favorite search on there...Then you can one click it daily

All Lefty's, all the time Moderator
    Also worth noting, you may not find the color you want, but a repaint won't be too crazy, particularly since no-one seems to want these forks, so they aren't going to be an expensive pick up.
    This is a Pugs not some carbon wannabee pretzel wagon!!

- FrostyStruthers

www.mendoncyclesmith.com

Ridin' dirty!
    I've seen several rigid Pepperoni forks on eBay recently.
    IMO they look better than the P-Bone.
    "Common sense isn't always that common!"
    Custom Prophet and Custom Delta V

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    All great suggs, thanks!

I tried that favorite search option and it dosen't work that good. Maybe I'm not doing it correctly.

The pepperoni would be OK if it was straight legged like the original p-bone but all the ones I saw were bent.

Maybe I can buy pick up a Kona triple butted fork and paint it. I'm beginning to find out that the Kona is a much better fork, is straight legged and fairly close to original spec as far as rake and a to c.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Looking on Ebay and fell over these http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...MEWA:IT&ih=018
    Are they what you were looking for.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Thats the one!! I'll have a go at it but the seller didn't stipulate US shipping. Thanks for the heads up

Devolution is real!
    I have been looking for a Pepperoni or a P-bone for awhile now. They are out the but the pricing is strangle. On ebay they sometimes go for 20 shipped and sometimes it is 60 dollars. I am still looking though.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    I emailed the current P-bone seller from UK twice, still no reply. I'm not getting my hopes up on that one.

Hell, If I gotta drop $60 on a P-bone, I might as well get the Kona P2 triple and paint it up. It's not gonna be a pure stock setup anyways I just though it would be nice to at least leave the frame and fork stock. Watch me go ahead and buy the Kona and a P-bone mysteriously shows up.

Good luck!!!