mtbr member
    Aug 2007

Oil leaking from bottom rear of headshok boot

My bike is a Bad Boy Ultra 2008 Euro model and I have done around 1200 road miles. I notice that a few of months ago there was a oily patch around the bottom of the boot towards the back, my bike shop said is was just excess grease coming out so I thought no more of it. I haven't done any cycling for a while and the oil is all over the back of the boot and the top of the fork, do I have a problem with the headshok?
    Thanks for the time.

banned
    The main seal for the damper is likely blown. This particular seal is what seals the cap of the damper against the piston rod. It's actually towards the top of that boot, but oil runs down. You will also notice eventually that damping will be messed up at the top of travel because the piston is traveling through air.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    How does the seal blow? Will I have to send the fork away to Cannondale or can I have it fixed at the bike shop I work at? Luckily the mechanic has been Cannondale trained in such matters.

Members who have read this thread: 0