Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Forgot to say this is for the scalpel 29er!
    JF

mtbr member
    May 2012

Lefty question: toolset to service c-dale with Lefty on my own

Hey guys, I'm taking my c-dale flash carbon to Afghanistan where I'm stationed at the moment. Of course, the local service shops won't have great ideas what to do with my sexy bike if something goes wrong. And that's fine, I will learn how to service it myself, but here is the question: what tools would you recommend to buy to be ready for anything?

Thanks so much!
    bests
    m

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    is it possible to upgrade the 2007 Lefty Speed Carbon with the internals of the 2012 Speed PBR Alu? and then to upgrade with XLR remote?

I just like my old Carbon Lefty so much...

mtbr member
    Mar 2012

New question here. Elo

Im in the middle of stripping down my lefty ELO now ive made a tool today to get the cartridge out great! next job is bearings out now any advice is there a hidden circlip or spring clip as i cant see why the damn thing wont come out?? also on rebuild im going to do new bearings and seals (2x o rings) should i do anything else and also can any one advise on oil filling what type and how much where etc....Thanks

mtbr member
    Mar 2012

ELO help!

Im about ready to bin the cannondale!

200 for a service is mental! information seems to be a real problem for cannondale to help with as i may kill my self???

ive stripped the cartridge out my old ELO lefty headshok but cant seem to get the inner and outer leges to separate to change the bearings can any one help???

any help would be great!

G50
    mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    I'm new on here and planing to join the 'Lefty club'. I'm hoping that a few you knowlegable lefty heads are up for a game of 'what's the year'

I'm trying to figure out what year this lefty speed is: (edit I can't post a link to the eBay listing so heres the title: (New) Cannondale Lefty Speed Fork Black (100mm)

I have contacted the seller and he is trying to find any records he might have but I though I might burn the candle from both ends and see if one of you guys might know what year its from.

The seller has included some photos and the serial number DLR0521742 (Could it be an 05 from the serial? I think that would be too easy though . . . . )

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    decided to post my question here so as not to create a new thread:
    I own a 2009 Lefty Max 130 PBR and after numerous bearing resets outer collar started to wear out and I decided to replace it with a new one. Manual says that I need KH045/046 but I can't find it anywhere. Can you guys advise if I can use one of these as a replacement for KH045: Levers, Knobs, Collars, + Adjustments - CannondaleExperts.com

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    If I were looking for a new upper collar for my Lefty PBR Max from 2009 (on my Rize 3), I would probably start with the KH064 here: Cannondale Lefty Upper Collar for PBR OPI Alloy Structure - KH064 - CannondaleExperts.com

I guess that C'dale probably updated the part. I hope it still fits the older model.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by DRSpalding View Post
    If I were looking for a new upper collar for my Lefty PBR Max from 2009 (on my Rize 3), I would probably start with the KH064 here: Cannondale Lefty Upper Collar for PBR OPI Alloy Structure - KH064 - CannondaleExperts.com

I guess that C'dale probably updated the part. I hope it still fits the older model.
    forgot to mention that I have a Carbon version of Max 130.
    I wonder why C'dale differ collars between alloy and carbon lefties? they both mount on alloy thread?

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Oh, then try the KH063 instead:
    Cannondale Lefty Upper Collar for PBR Carbon Structure - KH063 - CannondaleExperts.com

I would send MendonCycleSmith a PM to see if he agrees. He's the expert. I just pretend.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by DRSpalding View Post
    Oh, then try the KH063 instead:
    Cannondale Lefty Upper Collar for PBR Carbon Structure - KH063 - CannondaleExperts.com

I would send MendonCycleSmith a PM to see if he agrees. He's the expert. I just pretend.
    DRSpalding, thanks for support )

can somebody else confirm that this would be the right choice? because it will take about three weeks to deliver it to my place and I will be very disappointed if when the collar will finally arrive it won't fit my lefty

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    My Lefty 130 MAX released and went 90 degrees when popping up over a small rock on a climb today.
    I am very thank-ful this happened on a climb, for if this had happened on the downhill I would have been toast.
    The fork was fully tuned just 3 months ago.
    The LBS says they have never seen the like before, how about any of you?
    Thanks.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    So I've got a question about swapping brakes on my 09 Caffeine 29er single speed. Just bought it a few days ago, and the brakes don't seem powerful at all. I'm 220 lbs, and the brakes are the Avid Elixir 3's. I can barely lock up the rear - so not nearly strong enough, and the front - even when mashed on, only brings me to a stop after rolling a few feet. I'd like it to be strong enough to throw me over the bars if I'm not careful.

I've read some reviews that these brakes aren't terribly powerful. And I really need some good stopping power for me and the 29er. What's the best solution here? Upgrade the brakes? New bigger rotors? I've got a 185 on the front, 160 on the rear. And if I do upgrade to a bigger rotor, which I may do anyways - even if I upgrade brakes, what will I need? Where would I get spacers, etc.

Any help would be awesome!

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Correction - They're not Elixir 3's they're Juicy 3's.

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    I bought Flash Cannondale F3 2012, for the assessment of your car. Thanks

derp
    Quote Originally Posted by kenz76 View Post
    is it possible to upgrade the 2007 Lefty Speed Carbon with the internals of the 2012 Speed PBR Alu? and then to upgrade with XLR remote?

I just like my old Carbon Lefty so much...
    I'm also wondering the same. I have an alloy Speed DLR2, is it possible to stick in the a PBR 120/140 damper ( red ) with some change on the upper seals ?

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Can anybody tell me whether travel on a PBR'd fork is adjustable, or just changeable from 140 to 110 and back? I'm looking at converting an alloy Lefty Max to PBR, then adding 321 clamps. I figure with a short headtube, I may be able to get some travel back vs. a fork with fixed clamps, as I can raise the adjustable clamps up as high as they'll go.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by sandwich View Post
    Can anybody tell me whether travel on a PBR'd fork is adjustable, or just changeable from 140 to 110 and back? I'm looking at converting an alloy Lefty Max to PBR, then adding 321 clamps. I figure with a short headtube, I may be able to get some travel back vs. a fork with fixed clamps, as I can raise the adjustable clamps up as high as they'll go.
    it is not adjustable, you can only install spacers if you need to reduce travel of the fork.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Can I reduce it to, say 120mm instead of 110 though?

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    can I run the OPI stem with a Lefty in a 44mm headtube? as long as I use the Si headset cups and have a headtube of 122mm it's good, right?

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Just wanted to give kudos to mendoncyclesmith for their quick service! I sent my Lefty DLR to Craig for an overhaul. Had it back within a week and it is butter smooth.

Thanks Craig

Cal Gilbert

mtbr member
    Nov 2010

Lefty Brake Mount adapter 160 to 180mm

I'm wanting to increase braking power on my Tallboy with Lefty which is a PBR 130Max and a 160mm rotor front and rear. I'm using XTR 975 calipers with M06 Metal brake pads, but just don't have enough stopping power at times. Wanted to increase the front rotor size to 180mm, but wasn't sure on the caliper adapter needed.

From what I can tell, I think I need the Cannondale KP176 adapter, but wanted to confirm with you guys? The brake mount bolts fasten from the side, unlike vertical as on the newer Scalpels.

J_K
    mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    I'm looking for 100mm 29er axle to crown length and rake.
    There's a lot of different numbers floating around, but I'm not sure what to trust. Is A to C 490mm?

mtbr member
    Mar 2012

Lefty ELO seals/replacements

Hi, just a quick one after breaking about every single bit of my ELO working it all out, ive managed to loose from the inner damper shaft, one of the two little black nylon split washers. These sit on the area where the brass plunger and motor is housed. can these be replaced with a o ring rubber seal? and what do they do?

I got a new seal set from Leisure lakes did all the o rings that were like for like but have loads left so wondered if any of these are upgraded or replacement for the split washers

Thanks

mtbr member
    Feb 2012

rlc lefty fat tire?

I have a 110mm 2009 lefty rlc. I understand you can't put travel limiters on it, and was wondering if a 26" with fat tire/rim would have enough clearance.
    Thanks!

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast