Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15
    ballbuster
    Quote Originally Posted by pcmark View Post
    One of the manuals I saw online recommended Golden Spectro 85/150 (2.5 WT) Fork Fluid.
    Depends on your weight. My new (to me) Lefty Max PBR... I thought the damper was broken, but the lockout worked just fine. Turns out somebody put some mega thin damper oil in there. I changed it out with some 5wt Motul motorcycle fork oil, and now it feels great. I think I could even go 7.5wt. I'm 210 pounds, and like a fast fork (but it was way too fast when I got it). I tend to lean towards the quick rebound side of things, but not so much I bounce off the trail into the bushes after landing a small jump.

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    Hey guys do you know what wrench (name and size) is required to unscrew the part number 13 (lower collar assy) from a Lefty Hybrid XLR 90 2013 ?
    Thank you !
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The official Lefty thread, tech, mechanical, etc-lefty.png  

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by muntos View Post
    Hey guys do you know what wrench (name and size) is required to unscrew the part number 13 (lower collar assy) from a Lefty Hybrid XLR 90 2013 ?
    Thank you !
    Hi, I've used a normal 40mm wrench

mtbr member
    Jul 2013

Re: The official Lefty thread, tech, mechanical, etc

Quote Originally Posted by d.zucconi View Post
    Hi, I've used a normal 40mm wrench
    Thanks!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    OK, so I have a large 2013 F29 with the PBR fork that I bought new and haven't had apart. I recently noticed that my stem spacers were slightly loose and there was a creak in the stem, so I removed the steerer assembly. Inside on the end of the steerer were three black spacers and a red spacer with a beveled edge.

Are all four of those spacers supposed to be there? I looked at schematics and don't see them. I put the bike back together and tightened everything up to spec and there is still a little looseness to the stem spacers, which I think is due to those other spacers on the steerer. Is it safe to remove one or two of those internal spacers (which I suspect would allow me to get my stem nice and tight)?

Thanks!

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    You have the MK2 (revised and supposed better) version of the steerer, the inside spacers must match the number of the outside spacers (the red inside one is mandatory, doesn't count). Take a look here for the schematics and additional info : V2 OPI Steerer

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by muntos View Post
    You have the MK2 (revised and supposed better) version of the steerer, the inside spacers must match the number of the outside spacers (the red inside one is mandatory, doesn't count). Take a look here for the schematics and additional info : V2 OPI Steerer

Wow, thanks. I didn't know that (and I appreciate the heads-up!)

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15