Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Apr 2013

Cannondale Lefty DLR 100 Year2000 Inner Race Replace

Hi to every one, its my first time in this forum.
    I was reading through about cannondale Lefty DLR, but I could not find any thing related to the Lefty DLR 100 year 2000.
    I have a Cannondale Lefty F700sx of 2000, and I was making a mantenance to the fork.
    I realise, that the Inner Race are damage, so I was traing to separate the telescope, to replace the Inner and may be also the needles bearings.
    Could some one tell me how to do It?
    I alredy have open the upper part whit the Tool HDTL200, also toke out the upper clip which holds the inners, but from that point, Im lost... could some one tell me how to release the telescope from the rest....?
    The official Lefty thread, tech, mechanical, etc-cannondale-lefty-dlr-100-y2000.jpg

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Hi everyone,

I have just got back in to biking again after quite a break (ex DH'er who found cars, beer etc) and have just got myself a Cannondale F800 second hand (more of an xc fan now I have grown up!). Its a great bike and I am quite good with with the mechanics (ex lbs worker) but I just have a quick question about the lefty as I have not ridden one before.

It is a Lefty DLR (first version) and runs very smooth. No stiction (slightly noiser than the forks I used to run as you can almost hear the bearings rolling - but not rough at all).

The question I have is how quick should the rebound be? With the red dial all the way to the right it is very slow, but with one 1/4 turn it speeds up hugely and almost begins to top out. The rebound is then the same all the way through the turning of the dial.

As I ride a lot on the moors I hit some quite deep depressions and the fork tends to get stuck at the bottom of the travel and then catapult me over. This is only in deep but short bog holes or bombhills.

Should there more rebound control and should the fork feel more progressive (at the moment it feels the same throguhout the travel - no harder at the bottom than the top).

Ultimately I want to know if I need to spend the 100 require on a damper service or if this is 'normal' for a lefty of this age?

Thanks again everyone!

mtbr member

The official Lefty thread, tech, mechanical, etc

I am really desperate for help on self servicing my lefty here in The UK. more specifically, I am hoping to service the damper on my brilliant Lefty Max 140 pbr from my beautiful rz140. I have spent a good few hours trawling these threads to find a guide on how to do this on this specific model but seem to be getting no where on the specific procedure for this model. Can anyone help?
    I want to top up or replace the oil on the damper as it is getting a little clunky and lock out is poor (and maybe change seals etc).
    I would like to know the general procedure, which tool is needed to remove the damper, how to replace the oil and which oil is best.

Thanks
    Morgs

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Hello!
    Please tell me where I can get Lefty XLR 100 26'er service manual?
    Can I convert it to 29er fork - as I understand, I've to put 3 travel reducers, and I'll get 70 mm 29er fork?
    and last question - is there any way to remove remote lever but make fork to stay unblocked without this lever?

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Can anyone tell me what the difference is between the 2011 and 2012 LEFTY SPEED PBR, 100MM, OPI, SOLO AIR fork?
    Are they the same?

Reason being I bought a 2nd hand Flash 1 alloy 2012 but I can get a 2011 brand new Flash 1 so just wondering what the main differences are and if it's worth keeping the 2nd hand 2012 bike or return it and buy the new 2011 model?
    Cannondale Flash 1 Alloy (May 01 2013)
    Cube LTD Pro 2012 16" on it's way (Nov 25 2012 Ordered)

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Arman_a View Post
    Hello!
    and last question - is there any way to remove remote lever but make fork to stay unblocked without this lever?
    I mean - can I make PBR form XLR by just replacing knobs and top collar?

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    I downloaded mine from cannondale's site. I think it's the 2011 I downloaded.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arman_a View Post
    Hello!
    Please tell me where I can get Lefty XLR 100 26'er service manual?
    Can I convert it to 29er fork - as I understand, I've to put 3 travel reducers, and I'll get 70 mm 29er fork?

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Muscleflex View Post
    I downloaded mine from cannondale's site. I think it's the 2011 I downloaded.
    on cannondale's website I've found only user manuals.
    I want to find service manual, including damper service, for example.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by BlownCivic View Post
    OK, I found out on my own. Brandon at Cannondale talked me through it. I have to put this puppy together without the retainer, and then fish the damned thing into place 6" down inside the outer.

Wish me luck!
    It's been a long time but you just save my day 'cause I was having the same problem as you. THX a lot !!!

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by fudja View Post
    hi,
    i've got lefty PBR 130 of 2009 model and I just wonder can I make it 140 mm of travel putting in some proper damper and air kit? Or maybe I can do that just swapping for a proper air kit on my current 130 mm damper (KH041)??
    Any idea?
    Thanks.
    Hi, did you succeed in your transformation and how ?

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Ok so now arise a new problem I'd like to share. I have the 130 PBR carbon on my tandem inflate at 160PSI. While I'm ridding my fork is gradually going down, down, down in its travel to end at zero. I'd just need to unweight the bike and then the fork is coming up again, no pressure loose ! Is this a magical thing ? What's happening ?

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by leszazas View Post
    Ok so now arise a new problem I'd like to share. I have the 130 PBR carbon on my tandem inflate at 160PSI. While I'm ridding my fork is gradually going down, down, down in its travel to end at zero. I'd just need to unweight the bike and then the fork is coming up again, no pressure loose ! Is this a magical thing ? What's happening ?
    Maybe you're loosing air in that fork?! when you unsaddle and go back in, is it the same and it bottoms out?

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Hi, well no I'm not using air, it's just that while riding FLAT it's going maybe in the negative chamber and the fork compress in several minutes to travel zero. Just unload the front several times and everything goes back to normal with its 130mm travel
    What the h... ????

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by leszazas View Post
    Hi, well no I'm not using air, it's just that while riding FLAT it's going maybe in the negative chamber and the fork compress in several minutes to travel zero. Just unload the front several times and everything goes back to normal with its 130mm travel
    What the h... ????
    Video it!
    Do you have a shock pump?

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    does the fork feel regular while it's high in travel? I mean compression, rebound...

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Yes I have a shock pump, and there is NO loss of pressure. I think that pressure is migrating to the negative air chamber (if there is one) and back when unload

mtbr member
    Sep 2012

Big disappointment, new Lefty Carbon XLR 100

Hello everybody

Finally got the chance to hop on my new Scalpel 1 29er. After a few miles I had to interrupt the ride because the fork was not performing anymore. I found out that within minutes, the fork had "travelled down" and now rested at the very bottom point. When I dragged the bike up, the fork (very slowly) came back into the initial position. Since the bike comes with a remote lockout, I tried it locked too but the same thing happened. I tried to work with the rebound whhel for some time, but it didn't make much of a difference. The pressure is fine at 11.4 bar.

Fork: NEW LEFTY CARBON XLR 100 29, HYBRID NEEDLE BEARING TECHNOLOGY

Any ideas?

Thanks and bye.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Exactly the same thing that keeps hapenning to me. I think it's a transfert of air pressure between positive and negative air chambers. But if someone can give us THE cure for this phenomena... he will have a great thanks from both of us !!!

mtbr member

The official Lefty thread, tech, mechanical, etc

Quote Originally Posted by Morgs010 View Post
    I am really desperate for help on self servicing my lefty here in The UK. more specifically, I am hoping to service the damper on my brilliant Lefty Max 140 pbr from my beautiful rz140. I have spent a good few hours trawling these threads to find a guide on how to do this on this specific model but seem to be getting no where on the specific procedure for this model. Can anyone help?
    I want to top up or replace the oil on the damper as it is getting a little clunky and lock out is poor (and maybe change seals etc).
    I would like to know the general procedure, which tool is needed to remove the damper, how to replace the oil and which oil is best.

Thanks
    Morgs
    Ok, I have now got hold of a
    Castle to and removed the damper. To be honest it seems if e, however I have noticed the top inner race has come loose and was floating around when I removed the damper. Is this a major problem? Does it just Lay on the bearing cages (with the slots going over the bearing tops) or should it be forced down and clipped into place? I am a little worried that I have overly forced the lefty during a bearing reset and some how dislodged the races (hence causing the clunkyness at full extension

A little of everything
    Got a leak at the lower oil cap of my Lefty Ultra Carbon and it has only done about 1500km. Replaced the seal with a new one, but still oil is leaking from between the shaft and the oil cap. There are no damages to the shaft. The orientation of the seal is with the opening facing the inside of the damper (it's kind of V shaped). What am I doing wrong?

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Lefty speed XLR , any tips for oil and seals change ? What oil brand and thicknes ?

mtbr member

Re: The official Lefty thread, tech, mechanical, etc

It's an oil problem on the damper! I just pulled out my damper, cleaned it and filled it with 10wt maxima damper fluid and it works perfect now

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Hi I need help with servicing a 2010 Lefty speed carbon SL DLR. I only have the owner's manual and I think I need more than that. My Lefty, which had been riding fine for a year, has completely lost its punch. The last ride felt like I had no suspension at all. Air pressure is good, I did notice a little oil leaking around the air valve at the bottom. Before I tear this apart and ruin it, as is my usual process, what else can I check/do/read and get informed about?

mtbr member
    Oct 2011

Too plush ?

I just picked up an 09 rize three with the PBR lefty Max, this is my first experience with the lefty, my question may seem strange, but here it is. At 140 psi my fork seems almost too plush, I can compress almost all the travel by pushing down on the bars, I'm 180 lbs. can anyone offer some advice, even if it's only what most people are running as far as pressure, thanks

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Lefty removal ?

I am trying to remove a 2008 lefty max from a Cannondale Rise 2, Can the fork be removed without a special tool to remove the steerer? help and advise is needed.

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast