Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
    mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by MendonCycleSmith View Post
    Actually, mineral oil for brakes (Shimano, Tektro, Magura etc) is the same stuff, I wouldn't use fork oil, yes, too heavy.
    So if we don't have the Reverb fluid on hands, we could use mineral brake oil for bleeding the full sprint lockout instead? Thanks

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    All I can say is I did mine now 3 years ago with fork oil and it is better then any others I've tried and worked on plus never leaks or seeps.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009

Lefty Supermax on Lefty fork

is it possible to put a lefty supermax hub on a standard lefty fork. I've been given a set of Mavic Crossrocs with a SuperMax Hub and I'd love to find a conversion kit to use them.

mtbr member
    Would it be possible to convert my Lefty 2.0 27.5 120mm travel to a 29er 100mm? I have a Habit that fell off a bike rack on the interstate, and I would like to put it on another bike. I'm not sure if you can/how to convert it to 29.

My other ride
    Quote Originally Posted by langtounboy View Post
    is it possible to put a lefty supermax hub on a standard lefty fork. I've been given a set of Mavic Crossrocs with a SuperMax Hub and I'd love to find a conversion kit to use them.
    I don't have the answer, but I did the reverse (Stan's wheels came with standard hub) and only changed the brake mount. But I vaguely remember reading that you can't do the swap that way. On the other hand, you can probably buy a hub and do all the lacing work, then have your wheel builder true it for you.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidewalk View Post
    I don't have the answer, but I did the reverse (Stan's wheels came with standard hub) and only changed the brake mount. But I vaguely remember reading that you can't do the swap that way. On the other hand, you can probably buy a hub and do all the lacing work, then have your wheel builder true it for you.
    I guessed that the answer would be 'No'
    Many thanks and now the search begins for a new hub

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Surprised this isn't here already - for their Hybrid Lefty Bath oil, anyone put 20wt Fox Gold in there? Cannondale-experts seem to suggest that....!

All Lefty's, all the time Moderator
    20 wt is 20 wt.

I use Lucas, works fine. Can't say as I'd workup a sweat finding one brand or another if I needed it right then and there.
    This is a Pugs not some carbon wannabee pretzel wagon!!

- FrostyStruthers

www.mendoncyclesmith.com

mtbr member
    Jul 2017
    Hey guys,
    Recently purchased a custom chinese carbon bike /w a Lefty XLR on eBay (I think it's an XLR anyways). It makes a clunking sound sometimes when going over bumps. I tried resetting the bearings and greasing the telescope, and it helped a little (at least I think it did, might be in my head, hopefully not). Been reading here that it's possibly caused by air in the oil. Does anyone have documentation on how to bleed/refill the oil? Also can anyone confirm that this is an XLR?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The official Lefty thread, tech, mechanical, etc-iaabz7v.jpg  

The official Lefty thread, tech, mechanical, etc-gk5vwxk.jpg  

The official Lefty thread, tech, mechanical, etc-myiqwd8.jpg  

Last edited by dliusfbk; 1 Week Ago at 02:46 PM.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Can't see those images, but it's an XLR if it has the Xloc lockout

mtbr member
    Jul 2017
    Sorry, fixed it. It has a RockShox lockout. Any advice on the clunking? I should mention that I started noticing it more when I switched the tires out for slicks for city riding, although I think it was still there even when I was using knobs.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Members who have read this thread: 290