mtbr member

OEM Lefty wheelset advice

I've been holding on to a set of the Sunringle Inferno 25 that came with my '12 c-flash 3. There was this debate going as to how safe it was to run these rims tubeless so pretty much I had Crests built up right off the bat and never rode the OEM wheels once the replacements were ready.

Should I keep these wheels for the Cannondale Lefty hub or just get rid of both wheels? I doubt that I would ever use either front or rear as spare wheels if the Crests ever got damaged. I'd just repair or replace my current wheels. But maybe someday I would use the Lefty hub to build a new front wheel so is it worth keeping or if the time comes I just go and buy some other Lefty hub?

Sweater

OEM Lefty wheelset advice

Typically you can find either an OEM lefty hub or other wheelset on eBay for $120 or less. If you can get more than that for the inferno's than its definitely worth it to sell them. On top of that, space is limited at my place so I don't like to keep around anything I'm not going to use.
    All out of S**** and down to my last F***

mtbr member
    Thanks for the input, wasn't sure if it was worth holding on to them just for the front hub and I doubt anyone would want just the rear wheel. I guess I should try the local CL and see if they get sold and not have to bother with packing and shipping them.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    You old rear wheel can be your trainer wheel and keep the other as back up. I never tacoed my upgraded (Mavic ST) wheel, but I had a back up. I just recently took the org hub and had a WTB I23 laced up to it with some DT swiss super comps. It's really nice. Now the Mavic sits as the back up.
    Lead by my Lefty............... right down the trail, no brakes.