mtbr member
    Dec 2008

no BB30 to english cup adaptor for flash carbon?

This won't work because it has integrated C clip things, correct?

Anyone got a used BB30 crankset they want to sell?

FIRENZE rulez !!

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    I figured it out- the cannondale press in adaptor won't work, but you can still adapt. No way to retain the use of my bb24 ceramics though!

The main reason I wanted to switch is that I've heard horror stories about bb30 bearing life.

FIRENZE rulez !!
    so maybe this is for you , from Parlee

Parlee BB30 to Shimano Adaptor Set | eBay

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    Yes, that style will work. I found a few options. I do have BB30 bearings and serviced them this morning... hoping they aren't as unreliable as I've heard, may wind up ordering the wheels manufacturing version. I see that kit you sent comes with the bearings- I've been told by reliable source that the bearings in that aren't any higher quality.

edit- to make myself clear, that last link still uses BB30 bearings (it comes with some). There is no way to retain the use of my bb24/traditional external cup ceramics that I've been running with this frame. I will have to buy the sleeve style adaptor and press it into my back-up Caffeine frame and use it their or sell it. I had initially planned to buy this for the caffeine, although I'm not 100% on it fitting that either.

Amazon.com: Problem Solvers E46 Bottom Bracket: Sports & Outdoors
    I'm new to this BB30 thing but am figuring it out!

New Question- my BB shell is the tradition "mountain" 73mm in actual width (the bearings obviously set a bit "in" to it etc. (I believe you have the same frame eliflap?)

Can I run a road BB30 crankset?

FIRENZE rulez !!
    everi kit uses BB30 bearings if it wants to fit the Flash shell

wheels manufactoing too ... BB30 bearingss with black adapters included , pressed in

only Parlee kit has a 24mm bearings

Problem Solvers kit is strange , crank spindle is not right centered on BB shell holes

so for me is out of the market.

but i am using BB30 bearings since 2002 , you have hear they are bad choice , so i cannot go on in this thread ... sorry.

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    have you had good luck with the bearings? it's often muddy/wet where I ride, my friends recommended avoiding them if possible.

Do you know if a ROAD BB30 crankset has a long enough spindle?

FIRENZE rulez !!
    i tried a Sworks road BB30 crank on a 73mm shell BSA + extrenal BB30 cups from ZIPP

DOES NOT WORK

and normally a road crank has a fixed spider , 110 or 130 mm BCD ... so you will be in serious difficulty with the rings ...

of course , Sworks , Hollowgram , Lightning have a removable spider

of course, Sworks has only a spindle for road and one for mtb , so you cannot switch it

of course , Hollowgram and Lightning can have different spindle lenghts

other question is the Qfactor ... a road crank is done to fit a road frame ( frame , chainstays and wheel ) ...skinny compared to a mtb assembly ( frame , wider chainstays, fat tyre )

so crankarms can hit the chainstays easly , althought you can put a road crank in a mtb frame ( possible with a 2kg hammer )