mtbr member

New question here. Nisene or factory?

Hey, i am currently looking at buying a ti railed fizik nisene saddle, I know it will be much lighter, which is good, but my factory seat on my 02 jekyll 800 hurts so bad, will this seat be more comfortable, this is my main concern.
    thanks

Are you talking to me?

Almost anything will be better.

Quote Originally Posted by jm03
    Hey, i am currently looking at buying a ti railed fizik nisene saddle, I know it will be much lighter, which is good, but my factory seat on my 02 jekyll 800 hurts so bad, will this seat be more comfortable, this is my main concern.
    thanks
    The Nisene is a good saddle. Wtb makes great saddles. The Selle Italia Flite Genuine Gel works very well also. Anything will be better than the stock saddle if it is uncomfortable.
    gfy

R.I.P. DogFriend

How I (and this other 'cat') really feel about Coda saddles...

Coda saddles MUST have come from ancient designs from the sadistic mind of none other than the Marquis de Sade himself. A fish hook honed to razor sharpness would offer more comfort than a Coda saddle. I would rather slide down a mile long buck knife into a vat of rubbing alcohol than ride a mile on a Coda saddle. Suffering through Hitler's daily ritual in 'Little Nicky' is more appealing than riding with a Coda saddle. I saw a guy shove an M80 into the backside of a cat once and right before the guy lit the fuse, the cat turned to the guy and said, "Hey, at least I don't have to ride home on a Coda saddle."

But on the other hand, that's the funny thing about bike saddles, you might like them...

jcw
    Ride your bicycle(s)!
    Quote Originally Posted by jm03
    thanks
    The Nisene might actually be heavier - they're not all that light. Mine weighs in at around 275 grams (the Nisene CP with Ti rails is around 305 grams), while some of the Coda's are around 235 grams. For me however it's the comfiest saddle I've tried, and feel the extra ounce is worth it. If you're that concerned with weight, just put 99 oz of water in your camelbak. Remember though that saddle preference is very, very subjective. We've had at least a couple folks swap out their Nisene saddles because they were very uncomfortable. The Nisene is a very flat saddle, and that just doesn't work for some people. If you like a bit more dip to your saddle you might be better suited to the Plateau. Personally I'm going to be trying the new Gobi this summer, it felt great on the Scalpel I rode at interbike last fall.
    "The question before the human race is, whether the God of nature shall govern the world by his own laws, or whether priests and kings shall rule by fictitious miracles."
    John Adams to Thomas Jefferson, 1815

mtbr member
    Apr 2004

... and if we just ... ninsane saddle

I bought a t-800 tandem last year that came with the nisene saddle. Went for my first ride and seriously considered riding home on the bare seatpost rather than the nisene. Swapped out to a wtb and now the twins are much happier!

mtbr member
    I just got it and love it, it's actually harder than the cannondale saddle, but it much more comfortable, and is thinner through the front. The seat also felt lighter when i held them both in my hands. I am very pleased overall with the saddle.