mtbr member
    Jun 2008

Newbie Lefty Question - Rush 3 bought on eBay

Hey - first time poster... Great site, looking forward to getting more into it! Haven't ridden in 10 years and hence my question...

Picked up a Rush 3 on eBay and it checks out pretty good, except rear brake has air in it so I'll have to bleed and refill.

But my main thing is in the literature it says the DLR2 Rebound Knob has 14 "clicks." I can't feel any clicking. Should I? Or is this just a term used to describe how it adjusts internally? The knob just opens or closes from minimum to max smoothly... no clicking.

Thanks for any advice, I'm sure I'll have more questions to follow!

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Oon the DLR2 the clicks are there, but very subtle. They're not clicks as much as where the bound tends to rest. I believe there are six per revolution, and since there are six indents on the red rebound knob, you'll notice the rebound knob always appears oriented the same way.

But if you can't feel them at all, I wouldn't worry, since this is commone enough with the DLR2, as long as everything else is good with the fork (holds air? lockout works and isn't squishy? boot well lubricated? etc.), and the remound adjuster works. Push the fork down while the rebound knob is in both positions. In one extreme, the rebound should be slowish in the other extreme is should be fast. As long as that's the case, you should be all set. The only thing you lose is being able to find your "favorite" position quickly by counting clicks.

The SL, on the other hand, has more definite clicks.

Quote Originally Posted by Stonykill
    Hey - first time poster... Great site, looking forward to getting more into it! Haven't ridden in 10 years and hence my question...

Picked up a Rush 3 on eBay and it checks out pretty good, except rear brake has air in it so I'll have to bleed and refill.

But my main thing is in the literature it says the DLR2 Rebound Knob has 14 "clicks." I can't feel any clicking. Should I? Or is this just a term used to describe how it adjusts internally? The knob just opens or closes from minimum to max smoothly... no clicking.

Thanks for any advice, I'm sure I'll have more questions to follow!

Members who have read this thread: 0