mtbr member
    Sep 2010

Newbie - 2009 or 2010 F7?

I am new to MTB. I have the opportunity to buy a new 2010 F7 or a new 2009 for $70 less.

Is there much of a difference? And lastly, I can also get a 2010 F5 for $70 more than the 2010 F7.

Again, I'm new and don't plan on doing massive MTB, really more trails with some rocks/logs thrown in.

Thanx!

Nick

P.S. Great Forum BTW...

mtbr member
    I had a 2009 f7 and loved it... but if I was going to do it over and for only $70 more I would go for the F5.

better fork, better wheels and X-5 shifters.... my wheels needed trued all the time, the fork was pretty flexy and did not offer much adjustment and the SRAM X5 shifters and rear derraileur on my girl friends bike are pretty darn good... good enough to make me wonder if the extra dough I spent on X9 was really worth it.

I am no expert on the 2010 F5 or anything, just played around on one outside the bike shop... felt stiffer than I remember my F7 being (could be something as simple as the tires so dont take my opinion to seriously) but it absolutely has a much higher level of fit and finish (welds and joints)

Its only $70, I would have aid that for the better fork.... your getting a "higher" end frame, slightly better wheels and shift group as well

http://www.greatlakescycling.com/200...cannondale-f5/

Quote Originally Posted by Banks246
    I am new to MTB. I have the opportunity to buy a new 2010 F7 or a new 2009 for $70 less.

Is there much of a difference? And lastly, I can also get a 2010 F5 for $70 more than the 2010 F7.

Again, I'm new and don't plan on doing massive MTB, really more trails with some rocks/logs thrown in.

Thanx!

Nick

P.S. Great Forum BTW...

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    2011 brings in 29ers in a very affordable price range. I'd go that route, be patient, they are coming!!!