FIRENZE rulez !!

Cool-blue Rhythm new rings for Cannondale Hollwgram

need a custom ring ?

not finding right teeth number ?

need a 41 and 25 set up ?

or a 40 - 24 ? ...

normally they are black anodized.. but custom color can be choose too

little ring has 64mm BCD ..so another brand of ring can be installed

so , 29er or 26" ... right choice is here ! just find your teeth combination.

price in euro: 82 + VAT + shipping

from Italy a new small company , Zeta Components http://www.zorlonisnc.191.it/mtb.htm

read well:

i'm not businnes related with them , only tried their rings in my bikes and they shift very well.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails new rings for Cannondale Hollwgram-user64_pic698_1269615054.jpg  

MTB'er
    Nov 2007

Should I get XX rings for my Scalpel BB30 setup ?

I have been running a 2x9 XTR setup with cannondale BB30 spider and Cannondale 29, 44 rings. I just recieved a XX spider for the Cannondale BB30 but can'f find the SRAM XX rings. I have XX shifter and front and rear derailleur. Has anyone tried using the XX shifter and front XX derailleur with the stock Scalpel Team 29, 44 rings? How does it shift? The XX spider is 30g heavier than the stock cannondale 5 spoke one. Any recomendations? Where do I get the SRAM XX rings.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008

Hollowgram 44-29 vs Sram XX 42-28 FD

This is a nogo according to my LBS. Bought a Flash frameset, and where supposed to have it built with the setup you are asking about, did not work, not enough room for the chain to go to the big ring. Luckily for me my LBS changed the hollowgram spider and rings with the XX spider and 42-28 rings for free So now we have to wait for the XX 45-30 FD, if we want to use the hollowgram 44-29 setup.

MTB'er
    Nov 2007

Where can I get SRAM XX 42-28 front rings ?

I think your Flash uses a direct mount FD, and this fixes the location. On my Scalpel I will use a XX High Mount low pull clamp. So I am assuming I can just mount it a bit higher and it will shift the 44-29 Cannondale rings. From what I have seen from the marketing stuff is that the XX rings should shift better, but I can't find a way to purchase them. Any ideas where I can purchase SRAM's XX 42-28 rings?

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    not in stock at the moment but...

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/M...?ModelID=42790

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Yeah, somehow I did not see you where asking about a scalpel.. My LBS got the rings and spider directly from cannondale europe, and this was no more than approxmently 10 days ago.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by bikegizmofan
    I have been running a 2x9 XTR setup with cannondale BB30 spider and Cannondale 29, 44 rings. I just recieved a XX spider for the Cannondale BB30 but can'f find the SRAM XX rings. I have XX shifter and front and rear derailleur. Has anyone tried using the XX shifter and front XX derailleur with the stock Scalpel Team 29, 44 rings? How does it shift? The XX spider is 30g heavier than the stock cannondale 5 spoke one. Any recomendations? Where do I get the SRAM XX rings.
    Here they are: http://www.ebikestop.com/tv_xx_28_42...?PARTNER=qbike

This is the correct set of rings, they are just shipped with the Specialized S Works crank compatible spider. Simply unbolt the rings and bolt to your Hollowgram spider. This is actually about the same price as buying just the rings individually, but you get the bolts too.

mtbr member
    I tried to contact Zeta Components to order a set of rings, but I haven't heard back from them yet. I understand that it's a small company and all, but it would be cool if they check their email every now and then.
    I'm Confused . . . Wait a Minute, No I'm Not . . .

FIRENZE rulez !!
    maybe it's closed for Easter' holidays

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by eliflap
    maybe it's closed for Easter' holidays
    Excellent point, I forgot about that. I live in the US for quite some time now and didn't think about the fact the some European countries get a week or two for the Easter holidays.

Well, if that's the case, I hope their employees are riding some where.

FIRENZE rulez !!
    he got mail from Texas...

soon a reply

mtbr member
    Yup, got a nice mail this morning. Very reasonable pricing too.

The only thing I'm trying to make sure is that the chain line works out. The rings I'm looking for are for my Flash Carbon 29er. I already had to get a different Cannondale spider to compensate for the 73mm BB. The new spider moved the rings 5mm toward the frame.

I'm worried that the chainrings, since I assume they are flat, move the rings back outside and would create a very bad chain line.

FIRENZE rulez !!
    maybe you can solve , in case you will not like chain line , using a different lenght spider

maybe 131mm

or 128mm

or a 128,5mm done in italy by Leonardi

( not yet tried ...i don't know it one of these fits.... )

FIRENZE rulez !!
    tried the new rings

done 84 km this morning . shifting are great !

( sorry but the rings must be cleaned from grease )

not so light as my usual.

41-25T

installed with a 128mm spindle on a Flash , it works

( and saved 10 g from 132mm spindle )
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails new rings for Cannondale Hollwgram-hpim0537.jpg  

new rings for Cannondale Hollwgram-hpim0529.jpg  

YB1
    mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    It looks good! I guess for the 29'er crowd the 36-22T Zeta ringset may be the way to go. Give me 10 speed Gripshift and I guess I'll be going down that path. But gotta wonder what's coming with the new XTR.
    Emory Kalahari Kruiser