Thread: New Prophet 600

mtbr member
    Dec 2005

We the people ... New Prophet 600

Hello all...

So I went into SportsChalet and saw that Prophets were on sale...30% off $1500=~1k; I couldn't pass that deal up!

I've taken it out a few times; huge difference from my Headshok equipped F1000. I totally love the feel of full suspension. A few Qs for the experts.

The bike is a tad heavy. What are cheep fixes for that.

I'm 6'2, 200#. should i change the spring in the Left?

Anything else? YHX

cannondale rider
    Quote Originally Posted by buffimpact
    Hello all...

So I went into SportsChalet and saw that Prophets were on sale...30% off $1500=~1k; I couldn't pass that deal up!

I've taken it out a few times; huge difference from my Headshok equipped F1000. I totally love the feel of full suspension. A few Qs for the experts.

The bike is a tad heavy. What are cheep fixes for that.

I'm 6'2, 200#. should i change the spring in the Left?

Anything else? YHX
    great deal, congrats on the new bike

Low speed, High Drag
    I'm 5'11" and weigh ~210. I put the black spring in my lefty, and it made a huge difference in my Prophet. No more bottoming out riding off of a curb! I also found that the rear shock seems to work a lot better at around 170 psi, instead of the 180 Cannondale suggests.

Oops, I have the exact same bike, by the way, almost forgot to add that in!

All Lefty's, all the time Moderator
    Sweet! Nice rig, you'll be very happy. I would definately bump up the spring to the black, big improvemrnt for those over 185,190. Tires, seatpost, stem, bars and cassette are among the porkers on that bike, wear 'em out, or replace at will, all will be nice changes. Also, yeah, the shock pressures are all on the firm side, you'll find that to be prevelant in all discussions about it here.This depends largely on how you ride though, so consider carefully! Good luck!

Members who have read this thread: 0