Taken from here.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I'm Riding It
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin G
    Taken from here.

Those bikes look amazing..Great paint jobs
    www.bikeride.ca
    Alberta born-n-raised mountain bike racer.

mtbr member
    More here.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Note there are also Scalpel photos in that last link.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by oilerfan30
    Those bikes look amazing..Great paint jobs
    hmmm, white is the new black? ;-)

Like catnip for people
    Quote Originally Posted by devix
    hmmm, white is the new black? ;-)
    Lol seriously...

I like it, it looks hot... Would be a ***** to clean up after a ride though lol

I wonder what kind of stem / seatpost that is on the Prophet... I want one

And check out the way the brake is mounted on the "Righty" ... Different!

mtbr member

Righty

Cannondale finally listen to me, they're ditchy that mushy gushy lefty and going with the Righty!!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by az1jeff
    Cannondale finally listen to me, they're ditchy that mushy gushy lefty and going with the Righty!!
    look at the brake mount :-)

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    cannondales proto looks way better than the other similar bike that some other company made. and look at this one, a rush lookalike from spain is it?

i waas refering to this one:

and what's up with the snake? going down the spesh route of tacky graphics? the rs fork, totem?, looks really cool though.

thanks for the link kevin g. loads of weird bikes here i haven't seen before. admittedly the prophet looks kinda nice, even though there's no lefty on it.

after giving the prophet som more scrutiny i noticed a couple of things since i couldn't decide whether or not it was a mx or regular.
    - the fork must be custom painted 36. look at the new qr "buckles".
    - looks like a reg back end.
    - is it just me that hate anything but black or carbon handlebars?
    - is it just me or does the crank say grind? meaning cannondale branded crank.
    - a 07 dhx air? the propedal setting is a lever for 08 no?
    Last edited by klinkekule; 09-01-2007 at 06:49 AM.

Witty Title.
    That Prophet is hot - but of course, I miss Cannondale-designed forks...
    --

~bc

member, nemba.org

Stewed Screwed & Tattooed
    Feb 2004
    Perp:
    The snake is part of a sticker set you apply yourself. If you don't like it, don't add it to the bike. Pretty simple.

As for the Prophet:
    The frame is a standard frame, not an MX
    It is a regular back end
    Probably just you. White wouldn't be so popular if people didn't like it.
    The crank says GPX, it is a SRAM crank.

"and what's up with the snake? going down the spesh route of tacky graphics? the rs fork, totem?, looks really cool though.

thanks for the link kevin g. loads of weird bikes here i haven't seen before. admittedly the prophet looks kinda nice, even though there's no lefty on it.

after giving the prophet som more scrutiny i noticed a couple of things since i couldn't decide whether or not it was a mx or regular.
    - the fork must be custom painted 36. look at the new qr "buckles".
    - looks like a reg back end.
    - is it just me that hate anything but black or carbon handlebars?
    - is it just me or does the crank say grind? meaning cannondale branded crank."

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    ok, didn't know about the sticker setup. sounds perfect eh. hehe. better idea than the demo graphics spesh are doing these days-

and no, it's prob not just me. most bikes do not have white, gold, red, blue and so on colored handlebars, or at least not where i'm at. a white frame is nice though, the white handlebars just looks cheap i think. but just my opinion. (though i haven't seen this bike in person might, it look really nice with that handlebar and seat pin. i just think bikes like these are over matched in terms of color and prefer a black or carbon seat pin and handlebar. looks cleaner aesteticly. just an opinion.)

so a regular frame can take the abuse of a fox 36 fork without the extra gusset? that's why i was wondering which frame it was. the frame has no thru 12 writing on the back, so guessed as much, and it also looks like it's an 9mm dropout in the rear. just found it odd that they would build up a regular prophet as a mx.

oh, didn't know about the crank. thanks for the info. not to be second guessing you, but are you sure? i don't see a x in there. or there seems to be one in the middle, but not at the end. do you have a larger and clearer photo or something. but if you say so you're prob right ;-)

next time press quote and just delete the parts you don't wanna quote, or at least have the quoted part on top. hehe ;-) just messing with you.

mtbr member
    Does anyone know why Cannondale went with a Fox over a Lefty for the 2008 Prophet? Was it a Patent issue?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by devix
    look at the brake mount :-)
    . . . the decal still says Righty.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    jetpropel; there's a few posts on the subject. prob it's a matter of costs and the fact that the prophet is in it's last year. the optimistic of us think it's just a matter of redesigning it for the two new offerings (to be unveiled i march?), the more sceptical think it's matter of making larger margins one each offering by offering more economical forks. time will tell if the lefty max, or the new lefty maximus (as i like to call the new 160mm version that hopefully will emerge), will have the revival it deserves. there's nothing that makes a bike look and work as well as a lefty max.

vive le revival!

and az1jeff, nothing like a unisuperpostmount eh!