Binghamton '14
    Nov 2009

New to Me M700 Frame

At the local transfer station on saturday, saw a guy pull this out of his car, i snagged it after he dropped it off, I was really excited when i saw it, i have alot of spare parts to build it up with, it's gonna be a long build cause i have to save up for a new fork for my FSR XC, and i will put that old fork on this, other than the fork situation i shouldnt have any issues building it up. I'm gonna use it for road/light rail riding, with used trail tires on it, should be Avid BB5's front and cantilever brakes rear (i know 2 ends of the spectrum). I am told its around a 92-93 era? And that this frames are known to break when pushed? All i know is i am excited for a new build! Here is how it looked when i got it, i moved some stuff and took some other stuff off:

I have a month and a half till my semester ends and job starts, so when that happens that when the bike will get fixed up!

Specialized 05 FSR XC Comp: Modded
    Specialized 08 FSR XC Comp: OEM
    Cannondale M700: In pieces

Binghamton '14
    Nov 2009
    Despite little interest, i still wanna make this build thread. Heres the parts i have: (Might i add that this is beyond a budget build, all parts are leftovers from the FSR XC, but thats not to say that once its moving i wont fix it up right)
    -Cannondale M700 Frame (many years old)
    -Handlebars + Stem off a 05 Rockhopper
    -Avid BB5 front brake
    -Shimano cantilever rear brake
    -Shimano 8 speed shifters w/brake levers
    -Shimano Deore front and rear derailers
    -Specialized lock-on grips
    -Random tires
    -Seat quick disconnect
    -Stock pedals
    -Stock crank

What i need:
    -Front rim, without a hub
    -Rear wheel
    -8 speed chain
    -Old fork (coming off my FSR XC this summer)

Pics:

mtbr member
    I have a 90 original m700 upgraded wheels, shifters, neck etc. it is now a loaner for friends and pulls my 2yr old. I love that bike, great for ridding around town and is fast on the trails - if you can take the beating. in 90 all cannondales where ridged. when I get the time will post a shot.

good luck!

Binghamton '14
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by turnerth
    I have a 90 original m700 upgraded wheels, shifters, neck etc. it is now a loaner for friends and pulls my 2yr old. I love that bike, great for ridding around town and is fast on the trails - if you can take the beating. in 90 all cannondales where ridged. when I get the time will post a shot.

good luck!
    Glad it lasted, im hoping to keep this bike for a long time, it should be a great commuter/light trail bike, so i dont have to wear the parts my FSR XC, or burn all my energy from using a FS on the road.