mtbr member
    Jul 2008

New Lefty hub on old Lefty DLR?

Hi,

I have a relatively stone age Lefty DLR, I think it's from 2000.

I have old Coda Expert disk brakes and 4 bolt Lefty hub, but I want to run different brakes with 6 bolts rotors. So I'll was thinking about getting a new wheel set using the Woodman Bill LFY. My concern was that on the Universal Cycles web site it says, "Allows mounting International Standard disc brakes on 2002 or newer Lefty forks"

Would that hub still work fine with the old Lefty DLR? The other option and cheaper solution is to just use larger Hope 4-bolt rotors.

Cheers!

NEPMCPMBA President
    Jul 2007
    I have an original carbon DLR, and my mavic hubs bolted on with no problem....

narCOTIC
    The Woodman hub does not fit lefty's older than 2002. I bought one for my 2002 lefty DLR, and it did not fit. I had my LBS contact Cannondale to get me their hub (Si). I have now swapped my lefty out for a Speed Carbon DLR2, and the same hub fits that one, so i'm pretty sure the new hubs fit all lefty's.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Ok I guess I'll take the safe option and get the new wheel laced with my old Lefty hub, or try and source another Cannondale hub.

What was the problem with the Woodman hub?