ME
    Oct 2007

New full suspension

I have a '97 Killer v, mainly for transportation. I would like to get a full suspension '08 cannondale for trails. Should I go for a rush, scalpel, or prophet. A friend has a '07 rush and I like it, although I prefer a smaller frame than his large. I have been told by the local mechanic that the salpel is a little better, but I'm not sure. Anyone bought a new bike that has any input on their purchase would be appreciated.

discombobulated SuperModerator
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ginismo
    I have a '97 Killer v, mainly for transportation. I would like to get a full suspension '08 cannondale for trails. Should I go for a rush, scalpel, or prophet. A friend has a '07 rush and I like it, although I prefer a smaller frame than his large. I have been told by the local mechanic that the salpel is a little better, but I'm not sure. Anyone bought a new bike that has any input on their purchase would be appreciated.
    For this group, your going to have to get into as much detail as you can about what kind of riding you intend to co. Smooth flowing XC would be a scalpel or maybe a rush...
    Bombing down hills with lots of roots and rocks, Rush, or even a Prophet if you intend to do drops...
    Please let us know..
    CDT

mad aussie
    I would suggest the Rush, it sounds more along the lines of what you would need for "trail" riding as it doesnt sound like you are a hardcore rider or racer. An alloy Rush would also by far be a less expensive option than the Scalpel.
    I wouldnt say the Scalpel is better than the Rush, its more of a progressive taut ride, more of a pure racebike feel, the Rush is plusher in its ride.
    You can get an entry level Rush 6Z or Prophet 4 for about 1300 dollars, whereas the Scalpel 4 is about 2500
    Any of them will be worlds better than what you have.

Kevin

ME
    Oct 2007
    hey thanks for the input. I wanna nice bike but not top of the line so the rush sounds good. appreciate the input

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    I also recomend Rush. A month ago I got a Rush 3 Carbon (European) and the first ride gave the solution to the question if scalpel or rush, that I had before. Those 110 mm of travel I find ideal for the majority of tracks I do - just normal mountainbiking. Do not worry about weight even in alu versions.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    I also recomend Rush. A month ago I got a Rush 3 Carbon (European) and the first ride gave the solution to the question if scalpel or rush, that I had before. Those 110 mm of travel I find ideal for the majority of tracks I do - just normal mountainbiking. Do not worry about weight even in alu versions.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007