mtbr member

new front hub from 321 or change out bearings?

Im looking on line at the prices of the lefty 321 hub and the prices of rebuilding my stock lefty hub that came with my prophet. the bearings have lasted 3 years but now they are not spinning as smooth and have a gritty feel. Im trying to decided if a few extra dollars is worth getting the 321 hub. I can lace up my front wheel myself so thats not an issue. The only issue is cost and if the new 321 front hub will give me a better ride or stronger wheel? or is it just a bling issue? any advice

karl

Mr. Knowitall
    The Project 321 hub should have the same critical dimensions as the Cannondale Lefty hubs, so relacing your wheel should be an easy fit.

You can get good bearings for your old hub, but when you look at the Project 321, it is easy to be baffeled. If I were you, I would replace the bearings with proper Enduro bearings (I think they come in the correct dimensions) and for the bling go for a Project 321 hubcap and bolt in your color of choice. It is not much to save weight wise, and the P321 comes with Enduro bearings anyway.