mtbr member
    Dec 2004

New Carbon Rush & Trunk Rack

Anyone use a trunk rack they feel comfortable with. To date, I've avoided a roof rack due to set up hassle. Saris I currently use will not work on Rush unless I add a bike beam extension & even then I'm not certain.

Any help/experience appreciated.

Tks

mtbr member

i got a hollywood express 3 bike trunk rack

picked one up yesterday when i got my new rush carbon 2
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    Tks Much appreciated

Ground Pounder
    I've used a Saris Bones 3 in the past w/ minimal problems. I have a Rush 800 size Large. I had to keep the bike on the outermost position, but it held up fine over long trips and rough roads.

The only issue I had was the rack arm rubbed the seat tube, but that was fixed with a little foam on the arm. Looped a bungie through the front wheel and attached it to the pedal spindles to stabilize the wheel and away I went...

Now I own a Yakima High Roller. I would have gone with a wheel retaining hitch rack, but I now have a car that came w/ a roof rack, so it made sense.
    My bicycle gets more dirt than your 4x4.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    I had a 2" hitch installed and use a Softride hitch rack. Very glad I did. Easy to take rack on and off the car and leaves no marks on car. I move it to a highlander tomorrow and three bikes including my Rush will go from Illinois to Colorado. Rush fits on it just fine.