YB1
    mtbr member
    Apr 2006

The new carbon 29'er paint

I like matte black but I assume the white is going to be hard to keep white and the big "29" on the top tube probably shouldn't be there. I mean there's no "26" on the smaller Flash, it's pretty easy to tell the wheels are big just looking at it.
    Emory Kalahari Kruiser

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by YB1
    I like matte black but I assume the white is going to be hard to keep white and the big "29" on the top tube probably shouldn't be there. I mean there's no "26" on the smaller Flash, it's pretty easy to tell the wheels are big just looking at it.

I love the paint on my 2011 Flash Carbon 1 - best looking bike in my stable. The big 29 is for when you blow by somebody during a race and they cant see your wheels. (due to super fast speed)

LA CHÈVRE
    Ashamed of being part of the 29er trend?

The 26ers are called Flash, the 29er called Flash 29er... they can't all be called Flash.

As for the white, don't sweat it. It shouldn't be that much more trouble to keep clean if you are one of those who keep their bikes clean. If a spot is harder to clean, a little rubbing alcohol or the like and it should be back to white.

DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    The frame is pretty easy to clean after the first 5 or so rides. The matte white is very easy to keep bright. A wipe over with some Westley's Bleche-White after you wash the bike will make it look like new every time.

YB1
    mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Gerous
    Ashamed of being part of the 29er trend?

The 26ers are called Flash, the 29er called Flash 29er... they can't all be called Flash.

As for the white, don't sweat it. It shouldn't be that much more trouble to keep clean if you are one of those who keep their bikes clean. If a spot is harder to clean, a little rubbing alcohol or the like and it should be back to white.

I guess it's true, I don't need/want to be part of a 29'er "trend". My understanding is at this point it's the majority of mountaibikes sold in N.A. at the $1500+.

The black/white actually matches my SuperSix perfectly but that bike doesn't have "700c" on it's top tube. I guess I just don't get what they were thinking.
    Emory Kalahari Kruiser

Stewed Screwed & Tattooed
    Feb 2004
    I was just being designer-ly. Something different. Think of it as a racing number or don't think about it at all...It's just shapes on a bike frame.

YB1
    mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    I really liked e "F29" racing number and the look of the raw aluminum F1! I wish that 2010 frame was still around, I'd get one just for the looks. And I'm real happy with the looks of my black/white SuperSix. It's taste, you don't always know exactly why you react to something. But unfortunately not thinking about it doesn't always work once you have.
    Emory Kalahari Kruiser

mtbr member
    I dunno about all that white; I'm getting a 29er Carbon 3 frame w the red & white look and alloy lefty, and it's all AWFULLY white. Looks great in the showroom, but that crisp look isn't going to survive the first outing on the trail. I'm not that concerned though, I mean any paint color is going to get dirty. MTBs should be dirty IMHO; if yours is completely pristine you're not riding it enough.

One spec decision that I do think is just dumb is those white foam grips that all the C'dale MTBs come with. They attract grime like nothing else; the grips on the floor models at my LBS are already totally discolored, and that's just from parking lot test rides! Oh well, I'm putting Ergons on mine anyway...

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    I agree, I had a 2010 flash 29er-1 and the ball burnished finish with black/white decals was a super hot look. I only rode it 4 times before it was lost in our house fire but it got compliments everywhere it went. I have a carbon Flash 29er-2 on order, nice upgrade, if it ever arrives!
    2011 Cannondale Flash Carbon 2
    2010 Redline Monocog Flight
    2010 Specialized Roubaix Expert
    2011 Cannondale Jekyl Ultimate