mtbr member

new cannondale tires?

I just had new wheelsets(mavic crossmax slr's) installed on my 2013 jekyll 3 and even with the tires indicating tubeless. i found tubes inside my tubeless tires both the factory wtb moto 2.3 and schwalbe hd's. is that normal for cannondale to include tubes in their tubeless tires??
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2013 Cannonale Jekyll 3 M

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Yes. The first thing I did when I got my F29 Carbon 1 was to rip out the tubes, walk to the nearest gas station with a bottle of Stan's (to borrow a compressor), and convert to tubeless.

They can't set up the bikes tubeless from the factory, because the sealant will eventually dry out.

After the conversion you'll have two inner tubes that you can carry around for disaster punctures, and you've saved some grams. Win-win

mtbr member
    thanks the_marsbar. i was curious why the included the tubes.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    The tubes are installed on all bikes for packaging reasons. An inflated tire does a lot better protecting a wheel than a flat one if it takes a hit from traveling with Fed-UPS.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by fondoo View Post
    I just had new wheelsets(mavic crossmax slr's) installed on my 2013 jekyll 3 and even with the tires indicating tubeless. i found tubes inside my tubeless tires both the factory wtb moto 2.3 and schwalbe hd's. is that normal for cannondale to include tubes in their tubeless tires??

SLRs on a Jekyll????
    Lead by my Lefty............... right down the trail, no brakes.

mtbr member
    My Trigger-1 came with Stans Crest wheels and Shwalbe Hans Dampf tires. I was surprised not that tubes were installed but that they had installed the Stans rim tape for me. I pulled out the tubes and aired the tires up with ease with my floor pump. They held so well I hesitated to put the sealant in. It was the easiest conversion ever.

mtbr member
    wow, i really impressed with the mavic crossmax slr's on my jekyll. schwalbe han damph in the front and schwalbe racing ralph's in the rear.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails new cannondale tires?-img_1461.jpg