Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Bike Breaker.
    Jan 2004

... and if we just ... New Cannondale 05 here;

This is the new Cannondale bike, sorry for copying this link, but it makes very interesting reading.

http://www.singletrackworld.com/article.php?sid=1406

LA CHÈVRE

Hummm.

Damn, now I want one! If it really is 24 pounds when the production version is released, my Cake might be for sale...

DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

Bike Breaker.
    Jan 2004

weight?

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Gerous
    Damn, now I want one! If it really is 24 pounds when the production version is released, my Cake might be for sale...
    I know how you feel, though I will keep my gemini 04 2000. Still want one though!!!

The weight will be accurate, its a UK website and they are truthfull in their tests.

LA CHÈVRE
    Quote Originally Posted by catnash
    I know how you feel, though I will keep my gemini 04 2000. Still want one though!!!

The weight will be accurate, its a UK website and they are truthfull in their tests.
    It's not that I don't trust the testers, it's more that the bikes they tried might be non-production versions so the weights might vary a bit when the bikes hit the shops showrooms...

But I'll keep my current bike for a while, my Cake is very nice but there were a few "new model bugs" so next time, I'm buying a bike that's been around for at least a few months and no more Trek-Fisher-Etc... I haven't been impressed with Trek's craftmanship and build quality, compared with Cannondale's, they should be ashamed...

mtbr member
    I did like how the rear derailleur cable went through the rear triangle, i hope that stays for production. I'm still wanting to see this endurance bike though, but it's going to have to be great for me not to buy a prophet.

ceteris paribus
    That bike looks just awesome. I hope it doesn't come out extremly expensive... so I can get me one.
    Who is this doin' this synthetic type of alpha-beta psychadelic funkin'

LA CHÈVRE
    Quote Originally Posted by xctico
    That bike looks just awesome. I hope it doesn't come out extremly expensive... so I can get me one.
    There will be a few models, but the "I-want-it-BAD" model with the Carbon Lefty Max with SPV, CrossMax wheels and other nice parts wont be cheap I expect.

ceteris paribus
    You're probably right. The cheapest one will probably be aroud $2k and the top of the line $5k

Stewed Screwed & Tattooed
    Feb 2004
    Those are european spec bikes, but it is 100% accurate to how they will be in production. There is going to be a bunch of models so I am sure you'll find one in your price range.

-Ron

Recovering

Check out Hcor.net

There's a story on http://www.Hcor.net about Aaron Chase and Don Hampton going to Europe for a Cannondale media event announcing the release of those bikes. Chase mentioned the weight as 27.5 lbs.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004

24lbs No way

I just read an article about the prophet and the target weight when the bike is released is 27lbs.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004

24lbs No Way

i agree with ronny it should probly be around 27lbs,
    the scalpel teem is 23
    3000 is 24
    2000 is 25
    if the new prophit is 24lbs then the new marathon should be lighter again ,so is the new scalpels going to 20lbs?
    just curious :

ceteris paribus
    If you wanna be a weight wennie about it, you can shave a pound or two off the scalpel team, by loosing the lefty and getting a headshok (ouch)...
    but seriously, a sub20 scalpel would be too sweet... not that I can affort it, or that I would buy it even if I had the money... (at least not till I start standing on some podiums... very frecuently)

mtbr member
    Apr 2004

Any Info On The 2005 Marathon?????

Hi There!!!!
    Would Anyone Have Any Info On The 2005 Marathon Bike??

LA CHÈVRE
    Quote Originally Posted by xctico
    You're probably right. The cheapest one will probably be aroud $2k and the top of the line $5k
    $5k USD? Damn, that makes it in the $6500 CAD range!

ceteris paribus
    That's what any of their high end 2004 bikes cost... so I'm just guessing the price will runaround those numbers, maybe even more than 5k USD

Born of Fire
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Gerous
    There will be a few models, but the "I-want-it-BAD" model with the Carbon Lefty Max with SPV, CrossMax wheels and other nice parts wont be cheap I expect.
    When is Crackanfale gonna come up with an original bike design that doesn't suck? That bike looks like a Ventana Pantera.

Stewed Screwed & Tattooed
    Feb 2004
    When is Crackanfale gonna come up with an original bike design that doesn't suck? That bike looks like a Ventana Pantera.
    Dude, that is one of the lamest things I have ever heard. If you anything about bikes you would know that cdale has been using that frame style for over 10 years now. Ever hear of a killer V? If anything I would say Ventana took some influence from Cannondale......Besides have you even ridden one of these new bikes, because if not how do you have any clue if it sucks or not?

Born of Fire
    Quote Originally Posted by bad ronald
    Dude, that is one of the lamest things I have ever heard. If you anything about bikes you would know that cdale has been using that frame style for over 10 years now. Ever hear of a killer V? If anything I would say Ventana took some influence from Cannondale......Besides have you even ridden one of these new bikes, because if not how do you have any clue if it sucks or not?
    Sorry Dude, after watching my buddy break two Jeckyl 1000's and all the trouble he had with that piece oh sh*t fatty headshok I'm all set with riding junk!

mtbr member
    May 2004

New question here.

Quote Originally Posted by pufdup
    Sorry Dude, after watching my buddy break two Jeckyl 1000's and all the trouble he had with that piece oh sh*t fatty headshok I'm all set with riding junk!

Huh? Not sure what you are attempting to say.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Also for 2005?

I found this "drawing" of what looks like a possible Cannondale marathon or endurance racing bike on a German website where folks were also talking about the Prophet. From what I could understand, the guy that first posted it was sort of ambivalent as to whether or not it was a fake mock up or not, but it certainly looked to be of the same style as the mock up of the Prophet, which we have seen in the flesh, which was also posted there. Any thoughts? Here's the link, maybe one of you speaks German.

http://www.mtb-news.de/forum/showthread.php?t=123141
    Attached Images Attached Images

Poser
    That's a pretty mockup, but I wwas trying to trace the path of travel on that shock/swingarm combo and my calculations just say "wrongo".

Some people have too much time on their hands and a copy of Photoshop...

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by direktor
    That's a pretty mockup, but I wwas trying to trace the path of travel on that shock/swingarm combo and my calculations just say "wrongo".

Some people have too much time on their hands and a copy of Photoshop...

I thought as much.

Uhhhhh...
    Quote Originally Posted by GrantB
    I thought as much.
    Talk to your dealers about more '05 bikes and specs that were released today.

-TS
    Fayetteville, AR and N.W.A RePrEsEnT

Poser
    I should clarify...

The overall direction of the above design seems plausible...a natural extension of the Scalpel obviously.

But given the big error in the rear suspension rendering, I just thought it should be taken with a grain of salt.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast