Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

New

901 views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  djevox 
#1 ·
Just got my first real mtb today, 2015 connodale trigger 29. Put the brake caliper on it and bottom bolt is tight but it is not tight enough to hold the washer from moving. Put it on as picture shows. Did i do it wroung?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

See less See more
#3 ·
The bolts should be different lengths. Longer for the top and shorter for the bottom. Actually looks like you have the bracket on backwards. Look at my attached pic. Bicycle part Bicycle accessory Bicycle drivetrain part Black Spoke

#5 ·
And what is the clear piece supposed to do? Is there any reason I can't take it off?
It's placed on new bikes to prevent the chain from going over the largest sprocket of the cassette, preventing any damage (or "contamination" from chain lube) to the spokes. You can get you bike shop to remove it, or keep it if you want to. Most people find it an eyesore though.

#12 ·
As a "New" rider who is tinkering with their bike, leave the plastic disc on for a while, when you start playing with the rear derailleur and miss align the lower screw, it might save your spokes or derailleur from breaking. Take it off, when you know how. If you do not know how, you are not ready.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.