mtbr member
    Oct 2005

New 08 Mavic Crossmax ST Lefty wheelset

It came a bit late, now that the 140 Leftys are gone, but for dudes that still have them, this might be of interest to you: http://www.mavic.com/mtb/products/Cr...ty.995835.aspx

LA CHÈVRE
    Good: Crossmax SLR, ST, Crosstrail, Shimano XTR, Spinergy, Xentis, Industry 9... And some say a Lefty limits wheel choices.

But you may have missed the whole discussion about the demise of the Lefty Max but take the release of the Crossmax ST for Lefty as another indication that we have not seen the end of the longer travel Lefties...

Edit: No Crossmax SLR for Lefty on the new Mavic website? I hope it's an error...

DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

discombobulated SuperModerator
    Jun 2005
    Is the ST beefier than the SL/SLR...?
    Therefore the ST replaces the XL?
    CDT

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    I didnt miss the fact there are no more 140 Leftys, see my post. I hope it isnt the end for the Lefty, I loved both of mine.

The ST is much beefier than the SL/SLR. It replaced the XL in '07.

LA CHÈVRE
    Well, I hope it isn't the end of the Crossmax SLR for Lefties, the SL/SLR is the most sold after market wheel for Lefties and I do like their feel. If they are gone, I hope I'll be able to find one last pair. But I have seen many errors on their website so I wouldn't be surprised if it was just an accidental omission...

They also have a new 29er rim and Lefty Crosstrail...

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    The do have the Crossmax SLR Disc for Lefties. Here's the link... http://www.mavic.com/mtb/products/Cr...ty.995287.aspx

mtbr member

No F***ing Way!!!!!

Man, I may be the most UNFORTUNATE man in the whole world. I wished this set so bad to come out, and now that Mavic got to real about that, there ain't no Lefty Max anymore. Ain't that amazingly ridiculous? I don't know if I laugh or if I cry. Better they really pull off some good stuff concerning the new AM130 and BM160. Really. I'm so pissed I won't talk anymore until these bikes come out. And Cannondale: I bought the Stumpjumper. So bust a move. Quickly. Because there's a Enduro SL blinking at me.

banned
    There will be a rich used sales market for the Lefty Maxes

LA CHÈVRE
    Quote Originally Posted by dhtownsend86
    The do have the Crossmax SLR Disc for Lefties. Here's the link... http://www.mavic.com/mtb/products/Cr...ty.995287.aspx
    Haaaa... It wasn't there yesterday.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Black RONIN
    . And Cannondale: I bought the Stumpjumper. So bust a move. Quickly. Because there's a Enduro SL blinking at me.
    I've owned a Cannondale Prophet 1000 for over two years now. I rented a Specilized Stumpjumper in NC for three days. Its an ok bike but I much prefer my Prophet. In my opinion you should have gotten an '07 Prophet for a steal instead of the Stumpjumper. Read my full review here.