mtbr member
    Jun 2007

Need someone who has a Rush 3Z or...

someone that has ridden one a good bit. Do you like it and what are your thoughts on the Fox fork compared to the lefty?

Thanks.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by TallyCannon
    someone that has ridden one a good bit. Do you like it and what are your thoughts on the Fox fork compared to the lefty?

Thanks.
    I have never ridden a Fox on a Cannondale but I use a Fox Fork on any other bike I build. My opinion is that the lefty is stiffer but both are great. I have a lefty on my Cannondale and will not use anything but Fox on any other bike build. Fox is really the way to go if you are not riding a Cannondale. If you are set on getting a Rush but unsure about the performance of a lefty, then your eyes will be opened once you ride it
    "hit hard, hit fast, hit often HOOAH!!!!"

Blog of mine: http://mtnsprts.blogspot.com

mad aussie
    The Lefty is stiffer than the Fox, it should be similarly plush if tuned correctly for your weight. My first Lefty was overdamped and was very harsh on small bumps, my Carbon SL with a medium negative spring and lighter damping is great. The disadvantage of the Lefty is the proprietary front hub design limits wheel choices (although there are some great wheels plus custom builds available) and it is not as easy to remove the front wheel for transport. Given some potential problems with QR's and disc brakes (google Russ Pinder) that might not be all bad.
    As far as reliability, Cannondale seems to have a bad run with air leaks, cartridge problems recently. Hopefully they will get their QC act together. That is not to say Fox are perfect, we have had a couple at the shop that had issues from brand new.
    I now have a five hundred hard miles on my Lefty and its working great.
    If your shop is not competent in servicing the Lefty and send everything back to Cdale or you dont like to do your own wrenching then you might be better off with the Fox.

Kevin

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Thanks for the replies and sorry it has taken me so long to get back to this.

I have been pondering over the past couple of weeks on whether or not to buy a new 07 Rush 4 or Rush 3z. The lbs had both and they were willing to come off their price a bit, but I decided I would like a little more BB height and instead bought a used Prophet 3Z. The price was right too. I have a 06 Rush 800 that is now going to the wife. I think the Prophet will suit my riding style better.

I just wish the stand over height were lower. The specs say the medium Prophet is shorter than the medium Rush, donít believe it!

Thanks again.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    lemme know how the prophet rides in comparison. The low BB on the Rush has been really annoying lately. I smashed a pedal on a rock the other day and I've been catching the chainring more than I would like. I think the extra travel would be beneficial as well.

I'm also curious how the sizes compare. I have a large Rush, but I'm not sure if I would get a large prophet or a medium.