FIRENZE rulez !!

need some info about this spindle ....

http://foto.mtbtr.com/eurobike2008/b...20carbon_2.jpg

pic arrives from Eurobike 2008

bike is a 2009 model , a Moto carbon

you can see a english threaded BB shell with cups

and Hollowgram SL BB30 crank

which spindle is it ?

i spent lot of time 1-2 years ago with THM or Zipp BB30 cups on a F29er frame

i removed left lip on a 132 spindle and install some spacers to keep firm the arms

i did the same on my 2010 Flash 29er with 73mm shell with a 128 mm spindle with no lip

... however ...

how much is Moto BB in width ?

how much is spindle in leght ?

part number of spindle ?

BB cups are from THM or ZIpp or Lightnening or other brand ... they are however with BB30 bearings
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails need some info about this spindle ....-cannondale-moto-carbon_2.jpg  

mtbr member
    No idea which spindle that is. Is there any place to get the special machined spindle (with no lip) besides directly from cannnondale.de?

They want over 150 euro for the spindle and I can find a standard 132mm spindle on ebay (with the lip) for $50.

Thanks

FIRENZE rulez !!
    i already knew the kit from dr-cannondale

i bought it too and used too

but why Cannondale use this "secret" spindle ?

the problem to try to use a normal 132mm spindle in one bike with english threaded BB is where the bearing machined sectors are going to place when installed ...

of course the Moto spindle will be ok with right sections in the right places ...

dr-cannondale spindle is not original and a bit heavyier too

YB1
    mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by bikerboyj17 View Post
    No idea which spindle that is. Is there any place to get the special machined spindle (with no lip) besides directly from cannnondale.de?

They want over 150 euro for the spindle and I can find a standard 132mm spindle on ebay (with the lip) for $50.

Thanks

Sonny's Bike Tools in California has non-lipped spindles. I've been getting 122's from him that are really well done and very reasonable price-wise.
    Cannondale
    Spot Highline
    Emory Kalahari Kruiser

FIRENZE rulez !!
    no mention on their website ..ouch

have you a pic ?

YB1
    mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Here are some photo's. I have 2mm clearance on both drive and non-drive side on my Flash 29 and a better chainline running 122's. Sonny is a very good machinist, he has made parts for CFR here in the US for awhile.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails need some info about this spindle ....-photo.jpg  

need some info about this spindle ....-photo2.jpg  

Cannondale
    Spot Highline
    Emory Kalahari Kruiser

FIRENZE rulez !!
    is the weight similar ?

however , many thanks

already sent a mail to him

FIRENZE rulez !!
    Quote Originally Posted by YB1 View Post
    Here are some photo's. I have 2mm clearance on both drive and non-drive side on my Flash 29 and a better chainline running 122's. Sonny is a very good machinist, he has made parts for CFR here in the US for awhile.
    are you using a combo rings/spider ?

YB1
    mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by eliflap View Post
    are you using a combo rings/spider ?
    The FRM 40/27 works great with stock XX FD, but also the standard Cannondale triple setup works perfectly well, though getting the front derailleur to swing in far enough is a challenge and chaing ring clearance is tight. Getting the crank arms spaced evenly, 2mm from chainstay on both sides is possible with the 9mm spacer, which Cannondale sells. Then it's just making sure the rings are not too close, I prefer FRM, stock SRAM 2x10 rings on the Cannondale spider would not work.

As far as weight goes it's a normal spindle, not one of those carbon deals from Matthias so it weighs a normal amount.
    Cannondale
    Spot Highline
    Emory Kalahari Kruiser

YB1
    mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Sonny does a really nice job on these spindles and he can do custom stuff too but it's a side line, meaning I don't know for sure if he's still doing them and it was sometimes a bit of a wait.

I ended up with 4 of them once I realized how well they work and that there wasn't an unlimited supply. I have two Flash 29'ers one setup 2X10 and one 3X10. I wanted a spare or two for the future. I wonder if the new Scalp29 is going to have narrow enough chainstays?
    Cannondale
    Spot Highline
    Emory Kalahari Kruiser

FIRENZE rulez !!
    Quote Originally Posted by YB1 View Post
    The FRM 40/27 works great with stock XX FD, but also the standard Cannondale triple setup works perfectly well, though getting the front derailleur to swing in far enough is a challenge and chaing ring clearance is tight. Getting the crank arms spaced evenly, 2mm from chainstay on both sides is possible with the 9mm spacer, which Cannondale sells. Then it's just making sure the rings are not too close, I prefer FRM, stock SRAM 2x10 rings on the Cannondale spider would not work.

As far as weight goes it's a normal spindle, not one of those carbon deals from Matthias so it weighs a normal amount.
    i think Mattias' spindle not see a real use , i remeber some issues ...

for spacers , no worries i am using to cut a carbon tube by myself as i need

i used a 122 spindle with lip machined on my 2010 Flash 29er too, but it was a stock one ...

with a combo from Zeta , another small italian company ( they do number of teeth on request , colour of anodyzation too )

i tried with a 4 arms Cannondale spider used as double but there was no clearance between chainstays and big ring 37T

mtbr member
    YB1, what is the price on these spindles? If you don't mind, I'd like to know how much cheaper they are than the kit from Cannondale.

Thanks!

EDIT: If I have a standard threaded 68mm shell and plan to use the Hive BB cups, which length spindle do I need?

FIRENZE rulez !!
    however , no one with a Moto with this equipment ?

YB1
    mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by bikerboyj17 View Post
    YB1, what is the price on these spindles? If you don't mind, I'd like to know how much cheaper they are than the kit from Cannondale.

Thanks!

EDIT: If I have a standard threaded 68mm shell and plan to use the Hive BB cups, which length spindle do I need?

I don't remember exactly what I paid. I bought one, than another and finally two more. I think the average was maybe $75? Initially when I saw the quality I felt Sonny was undercharging.
    Cannondale
    Spot Highline
    Emory Kalahari Kruiser

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Sorry to bring this thread back to life...does anyone have any details on who I can contact to fit hollow gram cranks to English threaded cannondale bad boy?