mtbr member
    Mar 2010

Need some info about scalpel frame.

Hi,

I have just ordered the scalpel 3 2011, But i noticed that the brake mount is directly mounted into the frame? Not sure if i am right but it's seem.
    So if i broke the thread then, Can it be fix?

I just feel scary about it cause i have once rounded the thread on my 2009 XTR caliper, and i have to order new caliper.

Any idea about this?

FIRENZE rulez !!
    Yes direct mount

Be gentle to screw, make more attention compared to a 200 usd frame, use good quality
    Tools and bolts

Don't be scared anymore

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Thank you Eliflap,

Should i use some anti seize or grease too?
    I was always taking a very good care of my brake whenever i have to dismount them,
    But when it happen to my Shimano rear caliper... That really scare me off since then.

So if i managed to damage the thread then the frame will be wasted? Are the Cannondale will void the warranty?

Cheers
    Hayate

LA CHÈVRE
    Brakes come with mounting bolts that usually already have some loctite applied. If not, use some blue loctite.

Since damaging the thread would be a user error, theorically, it wouldn't be warrantied. But I just don't see how it could get damaged in the first place. Plus, how often do you need to undo and rebolt the brakes?

DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Hi Dan,

Yeah talk about how often, I would say every month but that's depend on how bad i use the brake,
    Although most of the time when i put my bike on transport i have to remove the wheels.
    And when i want to use it i found the caliper touching the rotor, Not always but very often,
    So i have to adjust the caliper.

Anyway, I don't mind to put an extra care when dealing with the caliper so i will gonna have to live on with it,

BTW, I have just change my order from Scalpel 3 to Ultimate, Expected arrival date is 1st April, I hope she will be there on time,
    Can't wait any longer since my Top Fuel 9.9 SSL is not up to what i expected.
    Maybe i expected too much from trek, or maybe i get used to the super fast accelerating from my old Scalpel.

And this is my currently XC race horse.