mtbr member
    Oct 2011

need some advice, please... are lefty's interchangeable from a large frame to an XL

I need a replacement frame for an 09 Rize three, i found an 09 Rize three replacement frame but it's an XL, my current frame is a large. I'm almost 6'2" so i think the XL will be fine, but will my current lefty Max PBR fit on an XL frame, i thought i read somewhere that XL frames had longer headtubes, thanks for any advice.

mtbr member
    The head tube lengths should be the same regardless of frame size. I can't find the specs on it, but I know my Flash Carbon is a 5 1/2" clamp size Lefty. If yours is the same you should be fine. The measurement is inside of the fork clamps.

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash29r View Post
    The head tube lengths should be the same regardless of frame size. I can't find the specs on it, but I know my Flash Carbon is a 5 1/2" clamp size Lefty. If yours is the same you should be fine. The measurement is inside of the fork clamps.
    thanks for the input, but i think i read that at some point Cdale began putting "tall" lefty's on XL frames, i can't verify when, i guess i'll contact the bike shop that has the frame and pray it's 5 1/2", i need my Rize back in action

mtbr member
    Look at post four on this thread: lefty from xl frame [Archive] - LOCO Forums It seems to hold your answer.

Sweater

need some advice, please... are lefty's interchangeable from a large frame to a

There are two size headtubes. The XL is 160mm and requires the lefty with the 163mm clamp spacing. I don't know if this applies specifically to your model but hopefully it gets you pointed in the right direction.
    All out of S**** and down to my last F***

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzaro View Post
    There are two size headtubes. The XL is 160mm and requires the lefty with the 163mm clamp spacing. I don't know if this applies specifically to your model but hopefully it gets you pointed in the right direction.
    Thanks for the info,i thought that two different lefty's were used, must have been on later models though, according to the shop that has the XL frame, the headtube is 125mm, same as my large Rize, now if they will just give me a price on the frame...