mtbr member
    Jun 2008

Need opinions on F7

I was thinking about purchasing a f7 and i need some input because there are only 2 reviews on this website. It was recommended to me through my LBS over a TREK 4300 disc because of the price difference. What are your opinions and experiences with the Cannondale F7? Any comments on the Trek 4300 disc?

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    I'm not sure if this makes a difference to you, but the 2008 Cannondale F7. F6, F5 and F4 aren't handmade in the US. I was under the assumption that it was made in the US, when I bought the bike. It never crossed my mind to ask.
    Never assume.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    I don't really have an opinion on where its made. I just want the best "bang for the buck" and that is the bike that my lbs recommended to me

ride more
    Mar 2007
    bought one for my girlfriends son, he is 6'4" and about 350 lbs. He is large and not graceful, he trail rides and dirt jumps it a little, and so far I have been really impressed with it. I really don't think there is a better cheap bike............

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    i am 6 foot and 135.

Pogo Lover
    Jan 2006
    We cant keep the F7's on the floor at our shop. They are absolutely the best bike out there under $500. They have a great ride quality, smoothe like butter! They ride much better than the treks and jamis durangos in the same price range, we here our customers tell us that, we've all ridden the treks and like the cannondales much much more. I posted a review in the forum a few weeks ago and picked up the F6 for myself, going to use it for commuting and smoother trails, plus i can throw the lefty off my rush, should i have a problem with the rush, onto it!!

mtbr member
    It depends what you are looking for.

If you are really looking to get into XC trail riding, then this is not the bike for you. The components are on the low end... it has a cheap fork and shifters/derailleurs are not up to par for xc trails... and its not really worth upgrading slowly (you will pay significantly more to upgrade than just buying a better spec'd bike). If you are looking to do XC riding save up and find another bike or look for something used.

If you are just looking for something to hit the local bike paths or ride around town then its a good bike and it will serve your purpose.

Bike to the Bone...
    Actually, I really like this bike for the price!

Look at my other thread. I was pretty impressed for the price.

I didn't plan to upgrade anything when I bougth it, but I have had several small upgrades that makes it look good (and they were just spare parts)...

Steady Creepin'
    I have one too and think it's fantastic.. I was on a budget at the time I got it so was looking for a bike with a good frame that I could build on over time or as things wore out. Anyhow, I've already made several changes from stock, not because of wear and tear or breakage, I just felt like it to be honest.

I got a whole new cockpit, the stock pedals are bad so upgraded those right away, saddle, and a few other small things here and there. Once I upgrade the forks (next season), it'll be a pretty bad-ass machine.

Keep in mind though, I ride low impact XC and avoid jumps and drop offs, etc. For my purposes, I have no complaints about this bike.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    2008 F4 at REI was reduced from $899, to $760.
    http://www.rei.com/product/759993

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    looks like this bike was also reduced but its not a cannondale but it looks like it has alot more for about the same price

http://www.rei.com/product/762205