mtbr member
    Dec 2006

New question here. Need new wheelset for prophet please ..any idea? wheels builder?

I'd like a nice and light wheelset for my prophet size Small and I'm 153lbs that won't break a bank. $600 to 700

What the set up that you would recommend?

Any good wheels builder that I should talk to and get the quote?

Some good folks here mention about this set up but I don't know how much I'll end up spending and the weight that it would be.

Cannondale Hub / Hope pro2 or DT 240s
    DT super comp with DT 4.2

Or should I go for the completed set like CrossMax

Thank you very much

mad aussie
    The Hope is a little heavier than the DT, but also cheaper. I think for a trail bike like the Prophet it would be a great choice. This should build you around an 1850g wheelset. I would say it is a better choice than the Mavic. Mavic make good overall wheels, but you can usually build lighter and just as strong for less money.

Kevin

All Lefty's, all the time Moderator
    Honestly, for overall riding, you'd be well served by a Mavic X819. It allows you to run tubeless, no kit involved like the DT, and they are a benchmark of sturdiness vs weight. The DT is a fine rim, don't get me wrong. Another option I would look at is the Stan's rims. I've built several pairs up for folks, and they are proving to be a viable option too. The CrossMax are nice, but if you are spending that kind of bread, I'd go I9, as you'll get all that the 'Maxes offer, plus instant engagement
    This is a Pugs not some carbon wannabee pretzel wagon!!

- FrostyStruthers

www.mendoncyclesmith.com

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by MendonCycleSmith
    Honestly, for overall riding, you'd be well served by a Mavic X819. It allows you to run tubeless, no kit involved like the DT, and they are a benchmark of sturdiness vs weight. The DT is a fine rim, don't get me wrong. Another option I would look at is the Stan's rims. I've built several pairs up for folks, and they are proving to be a viable option too. The CrossMax are nice, but if you are spending that kind of bread, I'd go I9, as you'll get all that the 'Maxes offer, plus instant engagement
    Plus Bling!!!!

mtbr member

Hope

I have the Hope pro hubs with Mavic 819 it is good but i would do the wider 823 if i was to do it again.

eX 823 Disc
    An Extreme MTB UST Tubeless rim
    for disc brakes only
    Weight 580 g, ETRTO compatible
    Recommended tires: UST Tubeless
    Do not use any rim tape

abot 100 grames per rim heavier but a lot wider,,better for the wider tyres.

Unit 91
    Mavic 819 UST Rims laced with DT Swiss Competition Spokes to DT Swiss 240 Rear Hub/Cannondale Lefty Front Hub. 32 Hole. That would be a sweet wheelset.
    Bikes

mtbr member
    Dec 2006

... and if we just ...

I ended up order custom lefty and King ISO hubs with 4.2d and super comp. All black, should be ready in the next 2 weeks. Pic will be posted.
    Thanks everyone