mtbr member
    Mar 2004

Need a HS stem quickly!

So I have been using a Roox stem since I got my Scalpel (2 months, 3 rides). I installed as the instructions stated, used my Snap On torque wrench to specs and went to ride. I noticed the first few rides, the stem seemed to move slightly off center during the ride. Today on a long descent, the stem was 15 degrees off center at the bottom. I grabbed the trusty hex wrench to give it a bit more torque...and stripped the threads out!! Shiznit was I pissed, had to cut the ride short. Now I need a stem bad. I have one of my "A" races on the 13th and don't have a useable stem. I think C-Dale is out too. I hope Don at Monk A Moo (roox distributor) can help me out here and warranty this new stem, but in the mean time I need to look into other options. So...I need a 110mm either 0 degree or +/- 5 degree headshock stem. PLease let me know what you got! Thanks in advance!

Kurt

drink, ride, repeat.
    May 2004
    There is a bunch of Headshock stems on EBAY. Use the "buy it now" feature and request priority shipping.You could have one in no time, and at a great price too. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by trukweaz
    So I have been using a Roox stem since I got my Scalpel (2 months, 3 rides). I installed as the instructions stated, used my Snap On torque wrench to specs and went to ride. I noticed the first few rides, the stem seemed to move slightly off center during the ride. Today on a long descent, the stem was 15 degrees off center at the bottom. I grabbed the trusty hex wrench to give it a bit more torque...and stripped the threads out!! Shiznit was I pissed, had to cut the ride short. Now I need a stem bad. I have one of my "A" races on the 13th and don't have a useable stem. I think C-Dale is out too. I hope Don at Monk A Moo (roox distributor) can help me out here and warranty this new stem, but in the mean time I need to look into other options. So...I need a 110mm either 0 degree or +/- 5 degree headshock stem. PLease let me know what you got! Thanks in advance!

Kurt

mtbr member
    Apr 2004

stem needed.....

[QUOTE=trukweaz]So I have been using a Roox stem since I got my Scalpel (2 months, 3 rides). I installed as the instructions stated, used my Snap On torque wrench to specs and went to ride. I noticed the first few rides, the stem seemed to move slightly off center during the ride. Today on a long descent, the stem was 15 degrees off center at the bottom. I grabbed the trusty hex wrench to give it a bit more torque...and stripped the threads out!! Shiznit was I pissed, had to cut the ride short. Now I need a stem bad. I have one of my "A" races on the 13th and don't have a useable stem. I think C-Dale is out too. I hope Don at Monk A Moo (roox distributor) can help me out here and warranty this new stem, but in the mean time I need to look into other options. So...I need a 110mm either 0 degree or +/- 5 degree headshock stem. PLease let me know what you got! Thanks in advance!

Hi there.....check out my ebay username australia-05 i have a few stems that may be of interest?
    i will end the auction for you if you find what you need??
    cheers!!

mtbr member

Other stem options

That's too bad about the Roox--I just put one on my bike. You might want to try www.woodmancomponents.com if monkamoo can't help you out. Both Profile (the Stiffy OS) and Kore (the Elite HS) make HS stems. Try bestwebbuys.com and you'll probably find someone who can get you one in time.

mtbr member
    You can buy direct from woodman, i've contacted them about it because no local dealer sells them, and they are quick to respond and helpfull.

mtbr member

woodman

i am behind by a few days here, but if you are still looking i would also go with woodman. call them direct and they will get it out to you the same day in most cases and they are great to deal with.

Good Luck
    [SIZE="3"]The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' --Ronald Reagan [/SIZE]