BVK
    Feb 2005

Need Help With Headshock 2007 DLR

I searched but did not find what I need - could somebody help?
    I know how to take apart the DL but never done DLR and it loks quite different. Could somebody describe how to take it apart, how to add oil, how to change air O-ring?
    Thanks

7hz
    Old newbie
    Hi there.

Should it not still be under warrinty at the moment? Are you loosing air or oil (or both)?

You may want to read my tail of woe at New Fatty DLR broken

I saw (and helped) take the fork to bits once. Air gets let out. Rebound comes off, lock lever comes off (need a deep socket for this?), then I think the cartrige gets unscrewed with that bottom bracket tool (shimano? Can't remember). This can be stiff (loctite?), and maybe need a friend to compress and hold the fork so you can reach the fitting. After that, I think the whole things just comes out (minus the air chamber, which is part of the fork).

Good luck, I think we need it :-(

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    maybe you already have this.....it's just from the website.

http://www.cannondale.com/asset/iu_f...uctions_en.pdf

Really love my Hdshk, but do wish they'd more readily provide the info/tools/parts for repair and maintenance....we're not idiots, we just need the info. Closest dealer is an hour away for me...and it wasn't clear they'd know how to work on it either.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007

mad aussie

Is your fatty getting soft on you?

We just put together 15 police bikes all with Headshocks, 2 of them have persistant air leaks that changing the schrader valve and dissasembly has not helped.
    According to tech at Cannondale they are aware of a problem, and they are going to be switching to a seperate air chamber that will be inserted into the headshock as having it part of the fork seems to be causing problems with some forks, possibly due to o-rings and body out of tolerance.
    If it is still giving you problems and under warranty you need to push the shop to get on the case with Cannondale's tech department and to order the new style air chamber as soon . Apparently the Police bikes will be using an elastomer spring for next year.

Kevin

BVK
    Feb 2005
    All above posts did not help. I can get the lock-out handle off but thats it. I need instructions on how to get to the cartridge, once I need castle tool I will be OK.
    So - does anybody took it apart enough to get the cartridge out - can you describe it?