Tinker Tailor

Need help finding 04 Jekyll 600

Hey all, I am in the Army overseas and am having a really difficult time finding the new 04 Jekyll. I really have few options over here. This is my first full sus bike and have made my mind up about it. I test rode it and found it to be what I want and like. The problem is the bike store here wants over 1600 Euros for it. If you are aware, the currency exchange now would put that almost at $2000.00. If anyone knows of a store in the states that would sell me the bike and ship to an APO (military address) I would appreciate it. If shipping to an APO is out of the question (Cannondale policy) we can have it shipped to my family in the states and then they would send it to me here in Europe. I would like to find this bike at a more reasonable price somewhere in the USA if possible. The European market is charging there customers an arm and a leg for bikes and parts. I assume the standard price for the new Jekyll 600 is around $1500,am I way off on the price? I am kind of out of the loop since I am geogaphically challenged!

mtbr member
    You're right about the price $1499 for the Jekyll 600 disc, $1249 w/V-brakes. Your best bet would be to have a friend or relative purchase the bike for you. Cannondale dealers are requires to assemble and adjust every Cannondale they sell. However there isn't anything saying the store can't immediadely disassemble and repack it for shipping when your friend comes to the shop to pick the bike up.
    I recently mailed a bike to American Samoa. It cost $125.
    Last edited by dogwood; 02-22-2004 at 08:57 AM.