mtbr member
    Jan 2005

Need advise on 06 F800

I was wondering if I could get some advice on a used F800 06' I am considering for purchase. The bike is very clean with all stock parts. Just been tuned. The guy wants $1000. How does this compare to buying a new F4 or F3?

Thanks in advance for your input!

Best,
    Mark

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    Seems a little steep for being used and almost 3 yrs old.

I purchased an '08 F3 and have been extremely happy with it. I paid full retail $1349 and still happy...many others have scored them for less!

Read the reviews:
    http://www.mtbr.com/cat/bikes/xc-har...8_1527crx.aspx

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by meatyocre
    Seems a little steep for being used and almost 3 yrs old.

I purchased an '08 F3 and have been extremely happy with it. I paid full retail $1349 and still happy...many others have scored them for less!

Read the reviews:
    http://www.mtbr.com/cat/bikes/xc-har...8_1527crx.aspx
    I agree with meatyocre (nice handle!) that the F800 is a bit steep for a 3 yr. old bike. For $200 more (I know it's not pennies) you can get a brand new frame with better componentry WITH lifetime warranty on the frame. It may be a different story if the bike was $600 however. I was in your same shoes just a few weeks ago. I scoured ebay and Craigslist daily for a good used bike for months, but there is not much inventory here in NYC and when you add up shipping and then for your lbs to assemble it it doesn't sound like such a good deal anymore. I cannot speak much about the ride itself as I have not had the chance to ride mine since I picked it up last weekend, but it sure looks hot.

But if it helps any, here's the pic of my bike.

Best of luck with your decision!

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    Thank you both for your responses. I also felt the price was a bit steep. But the bike is very clean--like new. And the F3 is selling for $1199+tax, makes it about 1300+. The difference being about $300.

How does the fatty headshock compare to the lefty on the F800?