mtbr member

My sweet cannondale HT

Howdy
    Wanted to show off my trick cannondale F300. This has to be the nicest f300 out there! I got the frame a few years back for pretty much nothing with real bad headshok on it. When my fs bike broke, I switched the parts over to this bad boy. This is my 3rd Cdale hardtail I have owned. You might notice I just rebuilt the fox float with enduro seals. They rock! I had trouble with that fork leaking oil, but no more.

I must say that this bike is real fast and fun to ride quick xc. It is probabley not the lightest, as I have a pretty heavy rear wheel on there, but this is the bike I race. I cant imagine it weighs much more than 25 with racier tires on there. I don't think this frame will ever fail. It has taken a whole lot of abuse, which is nice, as it is my second bike I know it will always be there for me when I need it.

I started mountain biking on a cannondale, and this company has always treated me right. I don't like some of the things they have done over the years, but I don't believe they get the respect in the biking world they deserve. They make great bikes for people who ride. -t
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Jul 2004

F300 weight

what is the the weight on that bike of yours? (sorry abuot all the smiley faces, i couldn't resist!)

mtbr member
    I'm kinda guessing, but I believe it is in the 25-26 lb range. This is only due to the heavier tires, slime, and the rhynolite on the back wheel. The frame itself is actually very light (esp. without the headshok). I bet it only weighs .25 to .5 lbs more than their top of the line frame. And it seems indestructible! -t

mtbr member
    Jul 2004

Good job!

OK, Thanks!

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    nice ride
    I got a f1000 way back before the headshock, there a fun ride.

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    Hey Toad, I'm with you, bro.

First, I'm new here (1 post, duh) & just getting back into MTBing after an 8 yr hiatus. Used to ride a schweet (to me) '92 Stumpjumper w/Prestige tubing & Deore DX thru out. Cool purple color, to boot.

Anywho, just bought a F300 about 2 months ago. She's already sporting XT derailleurs f & r (w/LX 11-34 cassette), SRAM Rocket Shorty grip shifters (I hate triggers, gimme old thumbshifters any day), Easton EA70 flat bar & WTB RocketV Stealth ti saddle. AND, have an '04 Skareb Comp, Titec Lil' Al stem (120x0) & Mavic X618s (laced to LX hubs) on the way.

I know, at this point, I'd be ahead of the game if I'd just bought a F600 from the get-go, but it was easier to sneak $475 past the wife, than $995. I REALLY wanted the F800 w/Lefty, but she'd have had a cow if I'd brought home that spendy of a bike. She's since learned that quality cost money. Live & learn, eh?

Regardless, I dig my '300. Stout, fairly light frame, that I can play on the trails with & run the odd recreational/fun xc race.

pepito
    Jun 2004
    how's that thing handle with the fox? seems like it was built around the headshock, and the fox changes the whole geometry/handling of the bike. me thinks it would slow up the handling, and slop up the ride a bit. what do you think of it?

the_dude