Thread: My new ride

mtbr member
    Oct 2009

My new ride

Just got rid of my 09 Rush and replaced it with this baby. 2010 RZ One Twenty 3.
    Just ordered it last night! Cannot wait to get it, but I have the demo till it arrives so it's all good
    I could have chosen Black or Red, so I went with the Black.
    My Rush was a large and this is a medium and fits me like a glove, and weighs 2 lbs. less.
    I was very impressed with the demo, and never thought I would ever fall into the Lefty crowd, but it is really impressive. Loved my Rush too, but was just a little too big for me.
    The ONLY thing I did not like were the Racing Ralph's, so they will go.

My son may unload his Santa Cruz Superlite and get one too.

Anyway, any other views or reviews on this bike would be great. The only one I really saw was in Dirtrag Magazine and they loved it.

Also a question: This may be a dumb question but what is the difference between a Marathon Bike and XC???
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My new ride-black.jpg  

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by A-Ray
    Also a question: This may be a dumb question but what is the difference between a Marathon Bike and XC???

A Marathon bike is a lightweight long travel full squish bike you can ride for over 24 hrs straight without feeling like you need to get off.

A XC Bike is a lot more minimalistic, typically a hard tail or short travel lightweight racing rocket ship that will cause your fillings to rattle out of your head if you ride it for longer than 2-4 hrs.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Elzippo
    A Marathon bike is a lightweight long travel full squish bike you can ride for over 24 hrs straight without feeling like you need to get off.

A XC Bike is a lot more minimalistic, typically a hard tail or short travel lightweight racing rocket ship that will cause your fillings to rattle out of your head if you ride it for longer than 2-4 hrs.

Got it, Thanks for the easy to understand version!