mtbr member
    Jul 2007

My New 2008 Rush 4 is Home.....

Picked up my bike this morning (in the snow) after having some Shimano 540's slapped on, the state mandated reflectors and plastic crap lasted 10mins in the house.

My wife's Rush will be ready at the end of February after the Crosstrails come in.

Her mods before leaving will be:

Mavic Crosstrails
    Kenda Karmas
    Salsa Clamp (she always have to have some Salsa on her bike...I added one as well)
    SPD-540s

I think once she rides the bike for a while we will go with the one piece steerer from the exisiting 2 piece with the lefty for her. They weighed the two piece and the one piece (like on the Rush 4) and there was a 150gram difference. So I think we may change that out as well.

We should be able to get her bike (leftover 2006 Rush Feminine 2) from 30lbs to 28ish.

Mine weighed in at 27.5 stock.

Cannot wait to ride this thing..........

Steve
    Attached Images Attached Images

mad aussie
    Good move to go with the Crosstrail wheelset. A good tubeless trail riding wheelset at a decent price.
    You should be able to hit the 27lb range on her bike without going crazy.

Kevin

mtbr member
    Jul 2007

Wombat....

I would be satisfied with 28lbs for her, but if we can get to 27ish that would be great. The hard part is I couldn't figure out the weight of her wheels (I didn't have them pull them just to weight them). The are Mavic 117s with Candy Lefty up front and Shimano M475 in rear...so I figure they weigh at least around 2000grams.

The tire change alone is worth a little over a pound savings.

Steve

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Nice bike, congrats!! That's the best looking color Cdale ever , the pics don't do it any justice btw

The Martian
    Jan 2007
    D@mn! I should have waited on the 08's for that frame color!! NICE!

O well, I got a good deal on my goofy brown thing...

mtbr member
    Jul 2007

Love the color as well.....

Spent some quality time adjusting the levers & shifters and the pedals, sat clipped in against the wall and enjoyed myself like a little kid.......

New toys are fun.

I do like the color.........when it stops snowing out I will get a shot outside that shows it better. The pics do not do it justice..........like a deep copper....really nice. The first scratch will hurt.........

Steve