mtbr member
    Aug 2007

My new 2008 Cannondale Carbon Rush 4!

Here it is my first Cannondale, fell for it the minute i saw it! Cant wait to take it out tomorrow over the Purbecks (UK)

Thanks for looking

Ollie
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Nice bike! I really like the team colors. Enjoy the ride!
    Kayba

LA CHÈVRE
    Very nice pictures of a very nice bike.
    Next step? Get some pedals!

DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    pedals going on in the morning!! cant wait

jin
    mtbr member
    Looks awesome! I agree that the new team replica finish is killer. Have fun!

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Very beautiful!!! Like the colour very much!!

mtbr member
    May 2004
    2008?? Wheres the new swing arm?

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Well it isnt in the 2007 Catalogue and its listed under all the 2008 Cannondale bikes..

I was unaware the design of the swingarm was changing? reading on here there maybe a carbon one? that would be good....

mtbr member
    The new paint jobs for the 2008 stuff is really nice... totally in your face CANNONDALE TEAM!!! have fun tearing up the trails
    "hit hard, hit fast, hit often HOOAH!!!!"

Blog of mine: http://mtnsprts.blogspot.com

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    looks good, any idea of the weight? and do you find the BB low? as on the Cannondale website it looks like it might be a problem

Just ride
    wow, gorgeous bike!

have some fun on it too!

Not Bad
    I love that bike, I fell in love too the first time I saw one in Westbrooks (UK)

no excuses
    that is one sweet ride.... hope you enjoy it!
    2011 GT Sensor 29r Pro
    Fox Racing
    Don Johle's Bike World

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Great looking bike! What are the specs?

mnt bike laws of physics
    Wonder how it rides with the Fox. The A-C is about 15mm longer that the Lefty and with the addition of the external lower headset bearing which looks to be about another 10mm adds about 25mm total to the front end which would slacken the angles a little over 1 degree. That with the fact that the Fox had a smaller offset should be a noticable difference.
    Give us your report on the steering when you have a few rides...and enjoy the Carbon Rush experience

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    looks such a nice bike, im thinking of getting one myself my options currently are the giant trance, sa superlight, specialized stumpjumper fsr and this cannondale and im stuck i want them all!!! how you finding this? is it good for riding really hard xc?

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisdude
    looks such a nice bike, im thinking of getting one myself my options currently are the giant trance, sa superlight, specialized stumpjumper fsr and this cannondale and im stuck i want them all!!! how you finding this? is it good for riding really hard xc?

Hi there

I was in the same situation a month ago. I have always had specialized bikes but really did fancy a change, saw a 2008 Rush 4 carbon in Westbrooks Cycles in Cleveland, also looked at stumpjumper fsr expert. Whilst deciding Cannondale brought out their 2009 bikes. Finally decided on a 2009 rush 3 for less cost than a 2008 rush 4! The ride is more plush than my old stumpy fsr expert and is alot better at climbing. It is also alot quicker on singletrak.

Westbrook has pictures of early intro 2009 Cannondales on their website.

Here a a few pics

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Nice, Westbrook is where I bought my Prophet 2 from, 2 weeks ago!

Got 300 knocked off it as well.

Where did you get the chainslapper from? I need one.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by l45key
    Nice, Westbrook is where I bought my Prophet 2 from, 2 weeks ago!

Got 300 knocked off it as well.

hi there, got the chainslapper along with a shock pump and some money off , from Westbrooks as part of the deal. Great shop, great service, highly reccommend the place

Think the chainslappers are around £12 to buy.

Ricky

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by l45key
    All the rushes that I have seen come through here in the US have come from Cannondale with the chain slappers. Some dealers may take them off and charge for them.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    thanks for the pictures! it really is an amazing looking bike, defintly going to be visiting my lbs to test one of these! does it feel lighter than your stumpy then? seems such good value, also does it feel that its capable of racing as i will be doing some long distance races in the future and want something capable of being thrashed but comfotable at the same time, do you think this would be ideal? sorry for all the questions just want to make sure its money well spent! (alot of money well spent!!)

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisdude
    thanks for the pictures! it really is an amazing looking bike, defintly going to be visiting my lbs to test one of these! does it feel lighter than your stumpy then? seems such good value, also does it feel that its capable of racing as i will be doing some long distance races in the future and want something capable of being thrashed but comfotable at the same time, do you think this would be ideal? sorry for all the questions just want to make sure its money well spent! (alot of money well spent!!)

Hi
    My stumpy was a 2004 bike,the rush feels alot lighter,although i think bikes have got alot better in the last 4 years.The rush also has a bit more travel front and rear.I couldn't tell you about racing(Too old,not fit enough) but done a couple of 30 mile rides and it was smooth and comfortable.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    just another little point (after exusting myself researching!) basically how are the forks on this as the team version is using the lefty, i wonder if this is affecting the performance and balance of the bike? and secondly does anyone know how light this is it?
    im really stuck over this and the giant trance 1 im really not sure what to do, ive watched the markeiting video of the rush on youtube 10 times now and im still no closer to making a decision more stuck if anything!!!

mtbr member
    May 2004
    The fox fork slows down the steering of the Rush quite noticably. I don't like it but I know of many people who can't get used to the quick steering Lefty. The longer Fox (it's a 120mm fork) also slackens off the head angle and raises the BB height.
    I don;t like any of those features on a XC/Marathon bike but it's sort of perfect for a fast/light trail bike!
    The 4 weighs in at just shy of 13kg which is not light but itis very competitive in it's class.