Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Apr 2005

my 19.7lbs scalpel for 2007 season

Hey guys, just want to show you my scalpel for this season.... cant be any more happy, it weight 19.7lbs,...
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    More pictures
    Attached Images Attached Images

LA CHÈVRE
    WOW! That's light! But you can drop more weight, go 2x9 or take off the Mavic sticker, you have Stan's rims anyway!

DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

mtbr member
    Jan 2005

Tmbra???

Hey Sebastian? are you racing TMBRA? I am going to return for the fall series as well w/my Scalpel.

Nice bike, what rear cassette are you using? How about the XO rd cogs?

Tks

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by KrustyKustom
    Hey Sebastian? are you racing TMBRA? I am going to return for the fall series as well w/my Scalpel.

Nice bike, what rear cassette are you using? How about the XO rd cogs?

Tks
    I live in FL, Im doing the Florida State Norba, and some in Georgio and NC.....

the rear cassete its a Dura-ace 12-25

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Gerous
    WOW! That's light! But you can drop more weight, go 2x9 or take off the Mavic sticker, you have Stan's rims anyway!

the reason i dont go 2x9 its that since im using a 11-25 cassete, in some uphill i need the 24t in the front......

mtbr member

Great Bike

Beautiful Scalpel Sebastian- I love your black Maguras and egg beaters--- lookin good.

mtbr member
    Careful that thing doesn't blow away when you sneeze!

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    That's seriously light for a scalpel, I have my 2005 team size small down to 22.9.

I have a use carbon seat pin, Sella SLR saddle, stans disks, tune rear QR, ti bolts everywhere that aluminium would break and triple ti egg beaters.

Where did the rest of it go?

mtbr member
    Apr 2005

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Uopi
    That's seriously light for a scalpel, I have my 2005 team size small down to 22.9.

I have a use carbon seat pin, Sella SLR saddle, stans disks, tune rear QR, ti bolts everywhere that aluminium would break and triple ti egg beaters.

Where did the rest of it go?
    seatpost, Wheelset (1240 grams) Tires (340 grams) cassette, der, the brakes are lighter than the SL, LEFTY SL, integrated stem,

mad aussie
    Really nice! My new rims, bar and SI crankset arrived for my Scalpel which should get me under 23lb, and under 22lb with converted regular tires. I wish I could run a tire like the Crow out in Arizona, but sharp edged rocks out here tend to make short work of thin sidewalls even with sealant.
    A component breakdown would be great.

Kevin

LA CHÈVRE
    I think one of my tires alone is heavier than your whole bike!

I bike long tyme.
    Watch out, that thing might take off out from under ya.
    People wait for me on the way up. I wait for them on the way down.

mtbr member
    Mar 2005

Hope whats in kg ya?

thanx
    SCALPEL 900 ( Sobe Rep)

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jinxkal
    thanx
    Around 8.94 kg

just ride
    that sure is a nice bike!

but who built your wheels? They didnt know what they were doing or not paying attention, or both.

Proper wheel builds have the decal able to be read from the drive side of the bike. This insures proper mating of the spokes to the tangentially-drilled holes. Just a small touch that a well-trained wheelbuilder knows.

As a wheelbuilder, I always think its such a shame to see expensive products built wrong......
    MTBR Disclaimer: I work for Salsa Cycles
    Ride: www.chequamegon100.com

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by chequamagon
    that sure is a nice bike!

but who built your wheels? They didnt know what they were doing or not paying attention, or both.

Proper wheel builds have the decal able to be read from the drive side of the bike. This insures proper mating of the spokes to the tangentially-drilled holes. Just a small touch that a well-trained wheelbuilder knows.

As a wheelbuilder, I always think its such a shame to see expensive products built wrong......

The wheelsets were built by Stan from Notubes,, They are a special Race rim that is not available to regular customer.. Its like 100grams each lighter than the regular ZTR355. they were built by my weight....total weight 1240gr

LA CHÈVRE
    Quote Originally Posted by sebastian21
    The wheelsets were built by Stan from Notubes,, They are a special Race rim that is not available to regular customer.. Its like 100grams each lighter than the regular ZTR355. they were built by my weight....total weight 1240gr
    ZTR355 being already very fragile, I hope you don't hurt yourself...

just ride
    Quote Originally Posted by sebastian21

That would explain it. Ive never really pegged Stan as a smart fella....... This just reinforces that thought.

Hey Stan - fire your wheelbuilder and hire some guy to do rim quality control. If I have to build another one of your wheels that comes dented or twisted, Im a gonna freak the F right out.
    MTBR Disclaimer: I work for Salsa Cycles
    Ride: www.chequamegon100.com

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    I dont know about you guys, i have another set of ZTR355 for over a year, with not a single problem... I have another set four months ago with no a single problem... Tinker juarez its using the same type of wheels... and as many other riders... To me they are really strong wheelset for the weight.....

mtbr member
    sweet ride! have you tried the head shok on there? do you prefer the lefty?

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by CanOnlyRide
    sweet ride! have you tried the head shok on there? do you prefer the lefty?
    Lefty all the way!!! I think its the best fork in the market..... I will not trade it for anything...

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Save a couple more grams by replacing that one-piece stem clamp with one of Cannondale's racer two-piece clamps :-) I haven't checked the weight, but you can really tell the difference weighing them in your hands! Ask your local C'dale dealer about them ;-)

i am, therefore, i ride
    Very Sweet ride !!!!!! I'm sure riding that bike is like the wind pushing you from behind..... effortless !

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by kopaczus
    Save a couple more grams by replacing that one-piece stem clamp with one of Cannondale's racer two-piece clamps :-) I haven't checked the weight, but you can really tell the difference weighing them in your hands! Ask your local C'dale dealer about them ;-)
    do you have any pictures or info on that item. never hear about....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast