mtbr member
    Jul 2008

MTB Parts/Accessory Sites

What are some good sites for purchasing parts and accessories online? The only decent one I found is Price Point, are there others?

mtbr member
    May 2007
    JensenUSA does ok
    for shimano, got to chainreactioncycles in the UK
    Bikeparts.com has a lot of stuff, but the prices are not that great.
    Universalcycles in OR does ok

Stay away from BeyondBikes.

Certain brands like Mavic, Chris King, Specailized have very little retail price "wiggle room." So, you may as well go to your LBS for them. With shipping, you wont get it any cheaper online.
    Lead by my Lefty............... right down the trail, no brakes.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    I'm curious why you say to stay away from beyondbikes? I just placed an order with them and now I'm wondering whether I should cancel it. I did see that 3 out of 5 reviews on mtbr show them as being very poor. Seems most complained about how long it was taking to get their order.

I was initially looking to order on performancebike.com but three of the shimano items I want to order show a backorder date of sometime in October.

Thanks,
    Nick

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Beyond Bikes is ok if you can wait, they have great prices, if you need it ASAP don't order from them...but it you need it ASAP you should just get it from your LBS

mtbr member
    Cambria Bicycle Outfitter is pretty good.

BeyondBikes and Airbomb are the same place - I had to call Airbomb about an order a while back, and the guy started to answer the phone as BeyondBikes and corrected himself - lol.
    They just reorder from some big supplier (the same one many LBS's use - but I don't recall the name - they do wholesale to LBS only).
    It takes long because you order from BeyondBikes, then they turn around and order from said wholesaler, the goods get shipped to them in a big daily order, then they reship them to you.
    Good prices but it does take a LOOONNNNNGGGG time.
    I had to cancel an order with them and it was painless, so at least that is not a concern.

If stuff from BeyondBike's supplier is back ordered, you wont know until a few days after you order (as in, when the guy from BB orders from their supplier, and THEN the supplier informs BB it's back ordered.)
    '05 Prophet 1000
    '09 F3
    '93 Delta V 700
    '08 F6 Lefty (son's)
    '08 F6 (daughter's)

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    I get most of my stuff from Universal Cycles. They will pricematch and they have easily the biggest selection of any bicycle e-tailler. The customer service is also excellent, they called and emailed me to inform me one of my items was backordered.

they also have these coupons running at all times:
    VIP15 for 15% off orders over $300
    VIP10 for 10% off orders over $100

mtbr member
    Ebay is the best i get 99% of my stuff off Ebay

mtbr member
    I have had a good experience with Bikeman.com