mtbr member
    Jul 2010

mounting a computer to a Lefty?

Hi all--- I've never mounted a computer before am frustrated finding a good mounting position on the Lefty. Obviously the top of the boot is out of the question, so looking lower I'm not seeing anyplace obvious.
    Two mounting points I'm not too excited about - first is on the brake line cable just above the fitting to the caliper. But, I'd be worried about the sensor rotating, but I could make it work. Second option is mounting the sensor on the bottom end of the Lefty and then attaching the magnet to the brake disc. Would this work?
    Thanks for the advice!

mtbr member

I dd what you see there.
    Do a search. There are more than a few threads on it.

You'll find there's no need to not be excited about the lower leg/rotor method. Several people (including myself) have made it work.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010

for a BB Lefty Solo

Not sure if this helps you but for those that have a BB Solo, here is my Cateye mounted with no adapter that everyone kept asking me to get to make it work

mtbr member
    i have a vetta v100... the sensor is pretty small so i was able to attach it to the brake caliper, just under the top bolt, using a zip tie. the magnet is on the spokes as normal.
    trust the tread

'06 Cannondale Prophet 1000
    '07 Bianchi Roger

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by XLNC
    Do a search. There are more than a few threads on it.

You'll find there's no need to not be excited about the lower leg/rotor method. Several people (including myself) have made it work.

Certainly a question thats been asked before! Thanks everyone for the tips. Looks like I'm supposed to post a pic once I get it mounted.

mtbr member
    Try the Cannondale Lefty computer mount #8CM01

'13 Pugsley Necromancer
    '13 Bad Boy 5
    '09 F29 2
    '08 Rush SL 5Z (650b)
    '00 F2000SL

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    I went with a Cateye Strada Wireless and mounted the magnet onto the disc. Just use some good quality glue to stick it on as the rotors do get quite hot. No problems so far.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails mounting a computer to a Lefty?-pict3554%5B1%5D.jpg  

mtbr member

GPS Baby!!!

I'm loving my Garmin Edge 705. No magnets, no wires, no wheel calibration. 1 device and a mount for each bike. Switch to any bike no fuss! Then down load the data to to the computer after the ride. Upload or download rides from Map My Ride.