Thread: Moto 4 opinions

mtbr member
    Aug 2010

Moto 4 opinions

I know that this is a biased section of the forum, but I didn't get many responses in the beginners forum. I have found what I think to be good deal one a new,left over moto 4. I'd like to hear some opinions and pros and cons of this bike. I have only been riding for about 8 months and currently have a 2004 Trek Liquid 20. I ride here in S. FL. at places like Quiet Waters, Ft. Pierce, Oleta and Marham. Also is it worth the extra few bucks to get the carbon to save a few pounds. Thanks in advance for the responses

John

mtbr member
    May 2010
    I own a 2009 moto 4 I installed a hammershimdt and I love the bike only down side is wieght but for the money there hard to beat.

mtbr member
    Not quite sure what the trails are like at the places you mentioned. However do know that the Moto is a pretty big bike. It's great at climbing for the amount of travel it has, but the bike really was just too much for most of the things/places I rode. It felt very stable on the descents, definitely felt like a great bike for hucking.

However for long XC rides, especially ones that are very flat...not exactly the best for this bike. Rolling Terrain and long rides that cover lots of round with little elevation change is not it's strong point.

If your local riding includes long climbs up and are followed by long descents. Then the Moto wouldn't be a bad choice if you got a good deal on it.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    That's alot of bike for FL. Maybe consider a RZ120 or even a 29" HT
    2014 Cannondale F29 Carbon 3
    2009 GT Peace 9R SS
    2008 Cannondale Prophet 4, Lefty Max TPC