mtbr member
    Oct 2005

More BB30 cranksets in the future ?

I've seen a link to the below Velonews articel on the Cannondale website. It seems like more companies are looking into the BB30 standard. I'd like that, the Cannondale SI cranks are good, but extremely expensive (euro 1000) over here.

It states that FSA offers 3 set's in BB30 standard (K-Force, SLK Light and Gossamer), but I could not find any info on these sets on the FSA website yet. These are road-sets, but I guess MTB-sets will be made available to. Does anybody know when we can expect to see some other offers besides Cannondales SI cranks?

http://www.velonews.com/tech/report/...s/13862.0.html

and

http://www.bb30standard.com/
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Jowan; 01-25-2008 at 05:57 AM.

mad aussie
    I hope we see more major manufacturers other than Cannondale and Specialized adopting the standard as to me it makes more sense with todays technology. The old BB diameter came when frames were steel and had 1 inch tubing. I would like to see Cannondale offer more bikes down their line with BB30 and it would help if we could have mid range cranksets.

Kevin

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    I guess all the new carbon Cannondale frames will be BB30 compatible, with carbon is should be cheaper to design en produce 1 type of frame and use adaptors to make the frame suitable for nomal BB's then to produce to separate types. Don't know if this also apply's to the alu versions. Could be the new stratigy of Cannondale, all the 'higher' ranked models come in carbon with BB30, the 'lower' in alu with normal BB. You see this in the Rush series and the new Scalpel. We'll have to wait for the specs on the new 130 and 160mm bikes, but Í''ll bet it will apply to those as well.

We'll have to wait and see, but I for sure would like a normal priced BB30 crank on my Taurine. Especially for the lower Q-factor.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    fsa ar the manifacture of the cannondale carbon crankset, so for me, itīs a suprise that they havnīt released a bb30 crankset earlier.

zipp 300 will also be avalible with bb30 this year, and you can buy a bottombracket to use those in a non bb30 frame

mnt bike laws of physics
    I've said it once, and I'll say it again. After using the BB30 cranks, it would be very hard for me to justify buying another bike that did not use it.

Now that other manufacturers are producing the cranks, there are no excuses for the frame builders and bicycle manufacturers anymore.