The perfessor

Model of Carbon Lefty monoshock?.........

Interesting story - two years ago, I took my Jekyll 800 ('04 model) into LBS to service the Lefty........they were going to charge me $50 for regular service, no prob; the local Cannondale rep came into the shop with new needle bearing kit to put on my bike and decides he would like to do the work personally - he said he was a former mech for Cannondale and has done many Lefties so the local owner says, "fine, do it"..........the rep proceeds to do all the work, but when he's putting the shock back together, he crosses some threads and messes things up (guess there's a reason why he's a rep now, not a mech); he calls me personally to tell me what happened and he said he would replace with a more updated monoshock - me, I've got no problem with this........I went from an old Lefty Max (really basic) to a new Lefty Carbon but I had no paperwork or info so I'm sort of trying to get an idea of what I have - I assume this Lefty is about an '08 model but not sure........is there any way you folks can tell me how to identify what I have?.............
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Model of Carbon Lefty monoshock?.........-lefty-1.jpg  

Model of Carbon Lefty monoshock?.........-lefty-2.jpg  

Model of Carbon Lefty monoshock?.........-lefty-3.jpg  

Model of Carbon Lefty monoshock?.........-lefty-4.jpg  

Trifecta is Perfecta: 26" FSR Geared / 29er SS Rigid / 29er Ti Hardtail Geared

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    hello, not 100% sure but it looks like a Carbon Max 140 with SPV, think they made them from '05 to '07-'08. Your previous fork was probably had a Max 130 if it was from '04.

Max Carbon 140 SPV evolve*

The perfessor
    alrighty, thats the type of info I'm looking for........I have thought a good bit about swapping this shock to my 29er SS and getting a new wheel to work with it but am sitting on the fence until I know what I have.....I also am tempted to service the shock myself - its still in great shape, no bottoming or clunking, but I know it should be serviced properly on a regular basis, hence, I needed schematics.........
    Trifecta is Perfecta: 26" FSR Geared / 29er SS Rigid / 29er Ti Hardtail Geared

mtbr member
    I have an '07 Carbon Lefty Max 140 and it looks just like yours. PM your email address and I can send you a PDF of the manual.